Abel Mustieles Leaves Koxx

Lokoxx

I don´t know if there is an english version about this, however I´ve translated it to english for you:

Trials rider Abel Mustieles has signed contract with Monty Bicycles to be a Monty rider during the next seasons. The agreement was signed

in our factory, located in Sant Feliu de Llobregat.

Abel Mustieles will participate in both Uci and Biketrial championships, always riding the new M5. In addition, due to this agreement, Monty now has confindence in their 20" category, and Mustieles will be the perfect 20" and M5 ambassador around the world.

Although only being 20 years old, Abel Mustieles is already winnning international competitions in Elite category, and is a worldwide reference as a rider. Once more, Monty reinforces his competition team, which is the world´s most triumphant of history, and also thinks about championships as being a platform to test new products and showcasing their bikes.

That's weird. O.o I wouldn't trust him if I were Monty, just switching from teams like that with ease.

Thanks for translating it, Chrome translated it for me and this is what the first sentence said.

Chrome:

The pilot Mustieles Abel has joined Monty Bicycles to defend the colors of our brand in the coming seasons. The agreement was signed recently in our factory in Sant Feliu de Llobregat.

Lokoxx:

Trials rider Abel Mustieles has signed contract with Monty Bicycles to be a Monty rider during the next seasons. The agreement was signedin our factory, located in Sant Feliu de Llobregat.

"The pilot"? tongue.gif

That's weird. O.o I wouldn't trust him if I were Monty, just switching from teams like that with ease.

In what sport does that not happen? He was probably offered more money and/or felt like a change... it's just a job change!

What do you mean you wouldnt trust him? and switching "just like that"?

Always comes out as the pilot when things are translated from spanish. I like it lol

Well from my point of view it seemed like he switched not long after the carbon Monty bike came out. I'm probably wrong, he probably got offered more money like JD said.

Well from my point of view it seemed like he switched not long after the carbon Monty bike came out. I'm probably wrong, he probably got offered more money like JD said.

...So what if he DID switch to ride the M5?

If you're good enough that people will let you do that, and you want to, what's the issue?

...So what if he DID switch to ride the M5?

If you're good enough that people will let you do that, and you want to, what's the issue?

Just seems that if he did that, he's not very loyal to koxx if he left them due to another company having a new bike.

Hahahaha "pilot" !

ROLLER%20BALL%20PILOT%20V%20BALL.JPG

I´ll explain this factual error in chrome´s translation: In spanish, trials riders (and ONLY trials riders, not BMX neither cycling nor MTB) are known as "piloto de biketrial" (biketrial rider). The word "piloto" means F1, or rally driver, or airplane pilot. I hate this name for trials riders, due to the fact that it is only used in relation to trials when trials riders are speaking. No one who doesn´t know trials will ever think about naming a trials rider a "piloto", it´s a bit stupid.

So yes, if you ever meet a spanish who does not know trials and tell him: Abel Mustieles es un piloto de Koxx(Abel Mustieles is a Koxx rider), he will probably think Koxx is a new f**king F1 team or an airline... :giggle:

Now, the thing about Abel joining Monty... There can be so many possible reasons for him to take this decision... Higher salary, better conditions, desire to ride the M5 in the entering season, having a change in his life, stop having the "2nd place" in the brand...

If he can "afford" himself to switch from company to company with a determined ease, good for him!

Is he Spanish? I'd have thought that alone is a good enough reason for him to strongly consider a switch to Monty. It's like Valentino Rossi always deep down wanting to ride for Ducati or Lewis Hamilton preferring to drive for McLaren than disappearing off to Ferrari or any other foreign team. Obviously in their cases there are also tens of millions of dolla involved but the principle is the same. Assuming Abel's Spanish.

I don't think leaving Koxx after 7 years is being unloyal.

Seems he's been very loyal to stay with them that long.

Don't know why its suck a big deal. Sportspeople are always changing teams for many reasons.

As for timing the reason it is now is nothing to do with the M5 but the fact is the off season so he will have chance to get used to the new mount before the UCI comps start. No one changes mid season!

This is great news. I love the fact Abel has climbed the comp ladder to being one of the best in the world after many years training. This is like the icing on the cake. Congrats Abel.

I feel that he is in such a great position to work and ride with Monty. Its pretty good timing in his career to for this move. If a rider was to now step into the shoes of top spanish riders in the monty family it should be Abel.

Ot, Cesa, Dani, Kenny and now Abel. Im not forgetting the rest of the monty riders but there is something special about Abel. Early days. I think i know where i'm placing my bets for 20" in the years to come.

look forward to hearing some more news of this change.

• Like 2