Green Inspired Skye

chris4stars

running with the black inspired pedals andrew...trying to keep as much black as possible :)

few issues with getting the BB in, was an idiot and didnt use grease at first and some threads on the cup have stripped. plenty of grease later and a recommendation from tarty and the BB and cranks were in perfectly

Just been out for the first ride on it and i love it, discs are still bedding in so no trialsy type moves yet as the wheel doesnt hold...everything else feels so much easier, really nice on the front wheel and so easy to hop/manual

Make sure you bed the discs well so they're nice and sharp.

I don't know if you want some spare white Inspired stickers I have?

How do you bed them in "well" so they're sharp and powerful?

I'm sure everyone has different methods.

Although I believe the general consensus is to use clean water and spray it all over the disk/pads so they are clean then go down a hill and give the brake around 10-20 fast hard stops. If you aren't harsh with the brakes and drag them slowly you might glaze over the pads so they aren't very efficient.

Edited by AndrewEH1

did make me smile sam :P

will keep that in mind andrew...im heading to work tomorrow so have orchard brae and crewe road south to bed them in :) will take some water along with me

definately not putting stickers on (but thankyou for the offer)...have got the bike fully up and running, rerouted the front brake etc...

any more details i think will be too much - when you see the paint in person you'll know what i mean...its almost like a translucent / slightly changes colour from various angles colour? its almost fancy enough to be a graphic in itselt, yet clean looking to show off the frame details too (in my humble opinion)

the team hope green on the dials is very close to the colour of the frame...like the blue hope parts i used to have, the shades seem to slightly vary from piece to piece. the dials seem slightly darker than the usual light green team hope stuff ive seen on here/tarty - maybe hope are gradually making the shade darker? no idea - seeing an old green headset on display in dannys old shop and it looks very light compared to todays stuff

Edited by chris4stars

stunning bike no doubt!

but personally i just cant see that its worth the money. I know everything is top notch but i think you could make a bike which rides just as lush and is equally as strong (which to me is all you need in a trials bike) for alot less.

I take it, thats not the point to you and you have worked hard to get the best of the best. Fair play

Enjoy riding it and get a video out on it (Y)