Biketrial Federation Events And Classes For 2012

Following the Biketrial Federation's annual meeting at British Cycling HQ in Manchester on Sunday, some interesting changes have been made to the series for 2012.

First up, we will be running seven rounds of the British Trials Cup, as opposed the five we have been running previously. The one-off British Trials Championship is no more and the title of British Champion will have to be contested over all seven events this year (with points from five out of the seven events being counted):

Rnd 1 - Sunday 18th March - Bracken Rocks, Derbyshire - Organised by Biketrial Federation - Confirmed

Rnd 2 - Sunday 6th May - Blackpool North Shore, Lancashire - Organised by Biketrial Federation - Provisional

Rnd 3 - Saturday 9th June - Fort William, Scotland - Organised by Scottish Biketrial Club - Provisional

Rnd 4 - Sunday 10th June - Fort William, Scotland - Organised by Scottish Biketrial Club - Provisional

Rnd 5 - Sunday 1st July - Radfest, Barrow Farm, Essex - Organised by Biketrial Federation - Confirmed

Rnd 6 - Sunday 16th September - Hook Woods, Surrey - Organised by Crowthorne Cycle Trial Club - Confirmed

Rnd 7 (Final) - Sunday 14th October - Shipley Glen, Yorkshire - Organised by TykeTrial Club - Confirmed

There was also a lot of discussion took place about section severity and the progression of riders throughout the classes, which resulted in the following changes being made:

All classes run to Biketrial Federation rules.

Primary Class - White route - Pedal dabs allowed

Novice Class - Green route - Pedal dabs allowed

Ladies Class - 50% Green route & 50% Blue route - Pedal dabs allowed

Intermediate Class - Blue route - Pedal dabs allowed

Senior Class (28+) - Blue route - Pedal dabs allowed

Cadet Class - 50% Blue route & 50% Red route - Pedal dabs allowed

Expert Class 20" and Expert Class 26" - Red route - Pedal dabs NOT allowed

Elite Class 20" and Elite Class 26" - 50% Red route & 50% Yellow route - Pedal dabs NOT allowed

UCI World Elite Class (any wheel size) - Yellow route - Pedal dabs NOT allowed

The UCI World Elite Class is for any rider wishing to be considered to represent Britain in the UCI World Championship. The Elite Selection Policy will remain in force as it has been, but with an additional paragraph that those qualified to ride Elite may choose which of the three classes they enter.

Further details are available on our website (www.biketrialuk.co.uk). It will take a bit of time to prepare the minutes of the meeting, update the policies and the website, and make the necessary changes to the rule book, please bear with us while all this gets done over the Christmas holidays.

2011%20Meeting.jpg

Edited by BikeTrial Federation
  • Like 1

how hard is the primary class??

if you can do a trackstand and jump off a kerb, you can do primary. thats my opinion anyway. green is a little bit harder, you don`t need to pedalhop it all but some stuff you do, so its easier. i did green route at tyke trials, and its a good challenge.

after watching that, maybe blue route. but then again natural is very different to street, so try green. you can change class upto 3 sections in anyway. is upto you matey, don`t listen to me i`m just a silly old man trying to be a kid again lol :)

I hope so good cute ointments!, I will have an opportunity to spend a couple of weeks in London in the 2012 year, and if he developed so then already I plan my travel in such a way that there should be a competition on the neighbourhood!, competition permit obligatory on the cup rounds, you are Hungarian as a competitor without it I may start?

You don't need a licence or permit to enter any Biketrial Federation events - anyone can enter and ride if they like. The nearest rounds to London would be the Barrow Farm/RadFest round in July or the Hook Woods round in September. Feel free to email me at membership@biketriluk.co.uk if you would like any more info (Y)

how hard is the primary class??

From watching your video, I would say that you'd be fine in Intermediate class. Primary and Novice classes are for younger and beginner riders really and as such don't feature any/many moves where you need to be able to pedal hop etc., more rolling moves where balance and bike handling are important. As Dave mentioned, you can move up or down a class after up to three sections if you decide the class you have entered is too easy or difficult. I'd suggest entering Novice or Intermediate class (it looks like Primary would be too easy for you) and then on the day have a look at the sections and see what you think, give it a go and see how you get on.

Hi there,

Forgive me if this is obvious...

When you say pedal dabs NOT allowed

does that mean 100% not allowed, or that you obtain 1 point for each pedal dab? or.. 5 points and section finished?

appreciate you clarifying this

Thanks

It means like UCI rules. Every time anything except the tyres touch the floor it's a 1.

Yep, as Robin said, where it says 'pedal dabs not allowed', it means that you follow the Biketrial Federation's UCI style rules, where you get a dab (1 penalty point) each time any part of the bike apart from the tyres touches the section. Foot dabs are scored in the same way as for the BIU style rules.

I hope so good cute ointments!, I will have an opportunity to spend a couple of weeks in London in the 2012 year, and if he developed so then already I plan my travel in such a way that there should be a competition on the neighbourhood!, competition permit obligatory on the cup rounds, you are Hungarian as a competitor without it I may start?

You don't need a licence or permit to enter any Biketrial Federation events - anyone, including riders from abroad (we had a Romanian rider enter the round at RadFest this year), can enter and ride if they like. The nearest rounds to London would be the Barrow Farm/RadFest round in July or the Hook Woods round in September. Feel free to email me at membership@biketriluk.co.uk if you would like any more info.

Love the Cadet route idea. 50% blue and 50% red.

Am moving up to Expert next year on the local clubs, but prob do the Cadet Route at the British Rounds as they tend to be harder. We'll have to see.

Look forward to it!

Thanks. We borrowed it from motorbike trials, where it seems to work very well. We thought it would make the transition from Intermediate to Expert to Elite a bit smoother and envourage riders to move up a class more readily. Expert at club rounds and Cadet at the nationals sounds like a good idea - should give you a good balance (Y)

We're really pleased that people like the changes that we've made and hope that it encourages people to come along and have a go! Hope to see you all next year!

Hi,I am thinking about coming from Ireland to a few events,I am a bit lost about which class to enter.

I would be ok on sections but i have never entered a comp to know what class,I would much rather go and enjoy my weekend with a small bit of a challenge than worry the whole weekend about a section i wont be able to do.also i am 27 would i look a bit out of place in the begineer or intermedite classes?

thanks

sean

Hi,I am thinking about coming from Ireland to a few events,I am a bit lost about which class to enter.

I would be ok on sections but i have never entered a comp to know what class,I would much rather go and enjoy my weekend with a small bit of a challenge than worry the whole weekend about a section i wont be able to do.also i am 27 would i look a bit out of place in the begineer or intermedite classes?

thanks

sean

don`t worry son, i`m 30 and do novice(green) route, its perfectly acceptable getting your ass handed to you by a 12 year old. trust me, i`m used to it, just go to have fun :D

Sound lads,i wont feel too bad so haha,it is the first comp i will have been to as there is only around 5 riders in the whole of Ireland and it is crazy as there is some amazing natural places here,

is there any videos or pics of the blue or novice sections? just so i have an idea about what i am up against