Help :)

Billers

Hey, ive recently started trials, i can do the bare minimum, although i do have a friend teaching me (who is awesome) i dont wanna rely on him as he has better things to do. i struggle doing most things on the back wheel, i want to learn how to jump and hop up walls on the back wheel, not big walls but just get the technique. any ideas how i can do this? :)

Hey buddy,

As with most things a good basic skill set will enable you to progress you're skills quicker; i would recommend focusing on getting track stands sorted. You won't be able to do to much if you don't have a good balance/stance so make sure you're ace at it.

Then, as i did, just try practicing rocking between front and back wheel only coming off the ground by a few centimetres. After this begin to increase the size when rocking backwards a little. Soon you'll be able to add a small kick in; after a while you should be able to do a couple of small kicks. You may not come off the ground but only roll forward, this does'nt matter just add a little more kicking power and lift more with you're arms.

When you have this nailed try and get straight up to a hop without using endo else you will be restricted with what you do (normally easiest when rolling slowly). As you progess add more power and try to improve technique by watching videos ect.

Top tip would be to make sure you point you're toes down on the pedals when kicking as this makes you sort of lift the bike (as you do when you bunny hop)

Hope this helped =)

Jack

I started by hopping on the back wheel and then getting better balance and control so i felt confident enough to try a pedal hop/kick without thinking im going to fall off. once i had the balance and control i could pedal hop pretty well and once you learn that you will realise hopping up walls and things like that is pretty much a pedal hop but with more height to get you up it.

I dont know if this will help you but ive been riding about 6 months and this is how i learnt the basics.