My Youtube Channel

Lokoxx

Hi everyone, as I am injured and only study days before exams, I´m having plenty of spare time, so I decided to completely re edit my channel, giving it a new design which makes it more eye-catching.

Youtube/Lokoxx1

Hope you like it, let me know!

Feel free to make any suggestions!

Edited by Lokoxx

YOUR EYES!!!

Whats wrong with them?

I just adjusted the channel to fit perfectly in a resolution of a 19" screen. If you´re using a lower screen resolution, please click Control and roll the mouse wheel to zoom in/out, in order to see the complete page correctly.

Sorry for that!

YOUR EYES!!!

Whats wrong with them?

I just adjusted the channel to fit perfectly in a resolution of a 19" screen. If you´re using a lower screen resolution, please click Control and roll the mouse wheel to zoom in/out, in order to see the complete page correctly.

Sorry for that!

Having to suggest a workaround just means your 'design' has failed, and here's why:

Your background image, from what I can see, is 2077px wide. I'm using 1280x800 which means I'm using the 2nd most popular current screen resolution (see here) and it doesn't fit. You'll notice that the width of the top 2 resolutions in that list are the same, and all but 10.7% of them are higher than 2077, which means 89.3% of people wont view your image fully.

What is the point in designing something to be seen, which can't be seen properly?

Making a user take extra steps to view your page correctly (a step which most people don't know) is just a workaround to your laziness in not doing it right the first time. It also makes the rest of the controls for YouTube (which they have researched and implemented properly based on those and more statistics) smaller and less easy to use.

Clearly it's not a massive deal, but you asked me to 'let you know' so I did. Ultimately your aim was to make the channel more 'eye-catching', which it has done - for all the wrong reasons on my screen.

EDIT: Those percentage figures actually need tweaking, because the page I linked to was merely for those resolutions above 1024x768, as shown here. That means that the 14% of users using 1024x768 can't view your page properly, as well as 89.3% of the other 85% out of the total. That gives you a full total of at least 89.9% of people can't view all of the background image. Overall, well done.

Edited by JD™
  • Like 2

Having to suggest a workaround just means your 'design' has failed, and here's why:

I'm using 1280x800 which means I'm using the 2nd most popular current screen resolution (see here) and it doesn't fit. You'll notice that the width of the top 2 resolutions in that list are the same, so you can say that at least 28% of users viewing your channel won't be able to see everything you've put time and effort into creating.

What is the point in designing something to be seen, which can't be seen properly?

Making a user take extra steps to view your page correctly (a step which most people don't know) is just a workaround to your laziness in not doing it right the first time. It also makes the rest of the controls for YouTube (which they have researched and implemented properly based on those and more statistics) smaller and less easy to use.

Clearly it's not a massive deal, but you asked me to 'let you know' so I did. Ultimately your aim was to make the channel more 'eye-catching', which it has done - for all the wrong reasons on my screen.

Thanks for telling me this, I didn´t knew it was not working in other resolutions.

However, you are also implicitly telling me you´re a pedantic and arrogant person.

Your tone was not the appropiate one, and you have no f**king idea if the problem was

due to laziness or not, which clearly wasn´t.

Hence, shut up and avoid saying that sort of stupid things. From your words I could deduce you might have a shitty life, or that you just are a 40 year old virgin, but something makes me stop giving an opinion which is possibly incorrect - EDUCATION.

So, I hope you don´t take this as an insult or something serious, its not my intention.

Thanks for telling me this, I didn´t knew it was not working in other resolutions.

However, you are also implicitly telling me you´re a pedantic and arrogant person.

Your tone was not the appropiate one, and you have no f**king idea if the problem was

due to laziness or not, which clearly wasn´t.

Hence, shut up and avoid saying that sort of stupid things. From your words I could deduce you might have a shitty life, or that you just are a 40 year old virgin, but something makes me stop giving an opinion which is possibly incorrect - EDUCATION.

So, I hope you don´t take this as an insult or something serious, its not my intention.

Finished throwing your toys yet?

Here's my reasoning: I do this for a living. Not 'design' as an art form, but making things like Youtube channels work for businesses. I am not gonna throw insults at you, and I didn't at the start. I was merely offering you my expertise for less than bugger all, and you can feel free to throw it back at me. However, you definitely were insulting to me - saying that it isn't your intention doesn't make it true. Just like when people say something like 'No offence, but your a uneducated young f**k who doesn't even know how to google youtube channel design for some tips'.

• Like 1

You are still writing with no idea about what you´re writing. Yes, I googled that and made a research before starting. I appreciate your answers as they can help me in future or to solve the problem, they can be a guide, but I repeat, that´s not the tone, you don´t even know me.

I´m sure you don´t have a shitty life, I was not actually meaning that, I was just showing you that from your words, your personality could be deduced as stressed. And again, I´m not saying you´re a stressed man, the thing is that with that attitude when writing, it´s the kind of personality which comes up to mind.

And well, I ensure you I´m not as you describe me (uneducated young f**k), in reality you have no arguments to say this, as I have always written you with respect.

Not wanting to carry with this too long, I apologise if you have felt insulted.

Regards!

I didn't say anything about you other than showing laziness. The uneducated young f**k was an example, don't think everything's about you ;)

I wrote you in no way other than letting you know what was wrong with your new design, and why. If you can't take that, it's your problem and not mine. You asked for it, after all! I won't clog your thread up more, I've made my point.

It looks good to me, nice layout, not too much going on but just enough to make it look interesting.

But to be honest I dont really take notice of the layout of youtube pages, or rarely go onto a users actually homepage.

Have you tried setting up a website or blog for your videos? May work better I think.

JD, I know you were trying to help and you probably did, if this is your area of expertise your obviosly going to know what your talking about!

But your response did come across a bit shitty and condescending (only word I can really think of that comes close to what i mean) to be honest. I know it didnt mean to come out like that.

Lokoxx your reply to him was a bit over the top man, chiiiiillll! :)

• Like 1