British Trials Cup Round 1 - Bracken Rocks

The 2012 season is now under way and entries are open for the first round of the 2012 British Trials Cup. It will take place on Sunday 18th March at Bracken Rocks, near Matlock in Derbyshire.

Entries can be made online via the events page, or by downloading the attached entry form and sending it in the post.

Full details of the series and the changes that have been made to the rules and policies can be found on the Biketrial Federation website and in this thread.

Hope to see plenty of you there!

2012-BC-Rnd1-BrackenRocks.pdf

Edited by BikeTrial Federation

You don't need any licences to compete in Biketrial Federation events, just enter and turn up and ride!

The Elite selection policy is outlined on the rules page of the website, here.

There are two ways in which a rider may be selected to ride in the Biketrial Federation’s Elite

Class in national events:

1) To have finished in the top 20 at a UCI World Cup event in the previous 12 months.

or

2) In the Biketrial Federation British Cup series to have won an Expert Class round:

- on at least two occasions in the last year;

- competing against a minimum of 5 in the class.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tempting to enter but I've never entered one or been watching one so I don't have a clue what category I would be in :|

Don't worry about it! Enter whichever class you like (I'd suggest intermediate to begin with), then on the day you can have a look at the sections and see what you think - you can move up or down if the one you've entered looks to easy or too difficult. In addition to this, if, when you start riding, you decide that the route that you end up riding is too difficult or too easy, you can move up or down after up to three sections. The idea is that you challenge yourself, but above all have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we allow entry on the day. We usually charge a fiver late entry fee, but we'll add you to the list as pre-entered. Bring your forms etc. with you on the day though!

Not long now, we're looking forward to it! There's still a few days to get your entries in if you haven't already, hope to see loads of you there!

Booked the sunshine!

Looks like you could be in for a medal anyway Dave - only your entry in the Senior class so far!!!

Why are so many people all talk?? Was looking forward to a battle with some fellow older riders, oh well will see what the lineup is on the day I guess.