British Trials Cup Round 1 - Bracken Rocks

Well ive had better days to be honest! Rocks were super slippy today and it started like this at the warm up

20120318_160712.jpg

Then went from bad to worse on only the third section of the day went over the bars with the rear lever nearly finding a permanent place in my stomach and the other snapping

20120318_160755.jpg

Then my mate was lucky to escape without death right after me on the same section doing what was probably the biggest drop out of all the sections, it was the first rock in the elite route of that section over 6ft but a sort of a gap down were you had to stay on the rear wheel so was more like 7 - 8ft which ended with him on his ass, handlebars still in hand and the bike flying down the hill. Culprit :

20120318_160656.jpg

Gutted about the day better luck next time ay.

Edited by i like cunning stunts

swapping concrete and tarmac for mud and grime is quite a difference!

I didn't go to win so I was larking about in sections (when I wasn't puking up a lung or pin-balling my way on some of the downhill sections) so I was a little surprised with 4th place, perhaps if I hadn't fallen off when using roots as kickers and got a couple of silly fives I would have won......oh well, Tom Rankin is a worthy of 1st place, I don't mind losing to the likes of him :)

Thanks again Barbara and the group of section setters and observers!

Hi All. Thanks again to all observers and officials especially Barbara for another great trial from the only Scottish team. Having Neil as an observer was worth the 5 hour trip home alone!!! Boys are improving and still having fun. See you all at Blackpool or Bob Macgregors.

Oh my god i feel like i have been beaten up! Stacking it down a pile of rocks isnt advisable once you hit 25.

The mud was a bit of a pain but the sections were set out very well....Overall a good start to the season :)

Big thanks to observers and organisers for a well run event. Time to get some sort of fitness training in before Blackpool, cant wait

Very nice of you to say so Ali but i really didnt ride very well!

Edited by Mr Rankin

Yep, great day! Shame about the weather overnight and in the morning making everything muddy and slippery! I think everyone still had a good day though. I was pleased to see the sections taking points off everyone and separating the riders out nicely, hope you all enjoyed riding them!

Thanks to everyone that came along and entered, and especially to everyone that helped out with the organising, setting up and running of the trial, especially Barbar Wright for her tireless (almost - I saw her yawning towards the end of the day :P) efforts in organising and running all of the competitions - she does so much work behind the scenes! Thanks Barbara!

Well ive had better days to be honest! Rocks were super slippy today and it started like this at the warm up

<image>

Then went from bad to worse on only the third section of the day went over the bars with the rear lever nearly finding a permanent place in my stomach and the other snapping

<image>

Then my mate was lucky to escape without death right after me on the same section doing what was probably the biggest drop out of all the sections, it was the first rock in the elite route of that section over 6ft but a sort of a gap down were you had to stay on the rear wheel so was more like 7 - 8ft which ended with him on his ass, handlebars still in hand and the bike flying down the hill. Culprit :

<image>

Gutted about the day better luck next time ay.

Gutted. An expensive day for you guys in the end then! Hope your leg's OK and that Andy wasn't hurt when his forks snapped!

Comp felt good in the morning then seemed to get worse in the sunshine :huh:

I think I spilt my beans on the mud...

Thanks again to all the observers and of course Barbara! (Y)

Still managed a podium finish though, eh? Glad to see you were staying cheerful despite all the mud and falling off :P

I enjoyed my self. pretty good to get a price on my 1st comp. (shame it was sort of for being old enough to enter senior :D )

I will see you all again at blackpool.

Don't worry, there'll be a few more of us in the senior class at Blackpool, so you'll have a bit more of a challenge for those podium places! Think there'll be at least five of us :)

Hi All. Thanks again to all observers and officials especially Barbara for another great trial from the only Scottish team. Having Neil as an observer was worth the 5 hour trip home alone!!! Boys are improving and still having fun. See you all at Blackpool or Bob Macgregors.

Thanks for making it down again Kevin! Was great to see you and the boys, glad you all enjoyed it!

Swapping concrete and tarmac for mud and grime is quite a difference!

I didn't go to win so I was larking about in sections (when I wasn't puking up a lung or pin-balling my way on some of the downhill sections) so I was a little surprised with 4th place, perhaps if I hadn't fallen off when using roots as kickers and got a couple of silly fives I would have won......oh well, Tom Rankin is a worthy of 1st place, I don't mind losing to the likes of him :)

Thanks again Barbara and the group of section setters and observers!

Was good to see you there Ali. You had a good ride, despite the unlucky (silly?) fives when you were messing about! Hopefully see you at the Blackpool round - it's right on your door step after all!

Hi everyone

Glad that everyone seemed to enjoy the trial yesterday. Shame about the rain before the start causing the mud, but at least the rest of the day stayed dry for us!

Great to see so many of you there, and especially so many new faces.

The results are now on the website and pictures should follow soon. Quite a few retirements due to broken bike parts, but thankfully no major injuries this year!

See you all (and more) at Blackpool - but please do your entries in advance.

Barbara

I had a look at the results and photos, it looked a great day!! I was suprised and excited to see a 'senior' class... .. Im very tempted if I can get off work. Never ridden at Blackpool, might bob over and take a look.