Which One?

Jimbob 2705

Hi Guys,

Just a very quick question, which would you for out of the following :

Onza Pro 2009, which has the standard Onza Pro Disc Brakes (which are Cable) fitted front and rear. Anyone know what they are like?

OR

Zona Zip, which has Maguras HS33 fitted both front and rear. Has Echo Rear Booster fitted.

Both are in good condition (T-Pro would be slightly better condition, but not by much) and fully working. They are both the same price.

I suppose the advantage of the T-Pro is that I could fit some Hydraulic Disc Brakes at a later date, but this would obviously cost more!

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks and ATB

James

Edit : It's a Onza 'Pro' not T-Pro, same as this one : http://www.onza.com/v2/products/2009/pro/pro.html

Edited by Jimbob 2705

I would go for the Zona,

Mostly because of the HS33s which will start you off pritty good. The frames are quite long but arn't too bad.

The brakes on the T-Pro will soon start to annoy you and you'll want to upgrade to HS33s anyway.

My mate had the Zona and I liked it from what I can remember, I think they are quite good value too.

HS33s are a much better investment than the standar Onza disk brake that comes on the T-Pro mate.

I would go for the Zona,

Mostly because of the HS33s which will start you off pritty good. The frames are quite long but arn't too bad.

The brakes on the T-Pro will soon start to annoy you and you'll want to upgrade to HS33s anyway.

My mate had the Zona and I liked it from what I can remember, I think they are quite good value too.

HS33s are a much better investment than the standar Onza disk brake that comes on the T-Pro mate.

Cheers George!

Looks like the Zona is the better bet then....

Thanks and ATB

If its got duel disc its a pro which is a bloody good bike!!! I would choose the pro, over all nicer bike to ride, the fact its more up to date. And lighter also you have to choice for Magura and disc!!

Id go for the pro

Thanks for that.

Yes I was wrong, it is a 'Onza Pro' (Not T-Pro), it is the same as this one : http://www.onza.com/v2/products/2009/pro/pro.html

Do people still think the Zona will be better?

Thanks and ATB

hi there, I got a onza pro 2010, and it's pretty good,my mate has one 2009 and i don't know much about that one... but i know it's good, but i would recommend disc on the front and magura hs33 on the rear. but the disc brake is still good, but i prefer the "bite" that magura has. but if I had the money I would change some more things on it to make it lighter, if you have the money buy the onza 2009, change to magura hs33 ONLY ON THE REAR, buy a new lighter fork, buy new lighter handlebars. And the bike would be 1 kg lighter!