Thing People Have Have Said To You While Riding?

Conradm94

Just today I had a kid come up to me and say "What kinda bike is that?" to which I replied "A blue one" and rode off.

I always seem to get "Are you sponsered?" as well. I convinced a couple of scooter kids that I was sponsered by every brand on my helmet (Monster energy, Tartybikes, Hope, Bell, Inspired, 54 Sport) once, they asked me if I could go get them free Monster, but I told them I only get it delivered to my house once a month.

I know trials riders are annoying, god knows they annoy me enough so I can see why certain people react negatively, I guess it's just how they do it that makes the difference.

I always like the typical: "this isn't a race track" - it ain't the 1940's, jeez....that sort of comment demands a sarcastic response....

The nicest thing I ever got was this fairly sexy older French woman who watched for a while (few years ago in Nottingham). After a while she approached me and said "I think it's beautiful what you're doing. You don't seem to fall, it is so graceful". I guess she was overly poetic about it, but still it was a nice change from the usual comments you get.

you would never get that sort of comment from someone's who's english, to many miserable, retarded people around these days.

• Like 1

In order of most popular mind numbing comments

1. Oi geez How much iz you bike worth.

2. Do a wheelie mooosh.. *Sigh*

3. Wheres your Seat...??

4. lets have a go on you bike... I'll let you hold ma phone.. <_<

5. Your trespassing on private property..

6. The police are on their way...

7. Get a car!? (shouted by a guy driving past) nob

Why is this thread still going? It's still as retarded as it was on day 1.

Remember: Most people who see you ride a stupid looking bike won't know what it is, what it's for, what it's worth, or why your brakes squeak. What's so hard about bearing that in mind, and politely letting them know if they want to learn. Plus if they're a bit moronic with their comment, what's the point in stooping to their level? And if you're riding on private property, just get off when someone asks*. Simples.

*no piping up Skoze :P

• 2 weeks later...

a few years ago i done a 360 off a small ledge and a nearby chav shouted 'S**t your bike must like you or something' that was kinda funny.. then there is the do a trick, do a wheelie, do a skid, can i have a go, is it light, wheres you seat, how much did it cost. usual rubbish haha

One of the worst ones i find is when your on the edge of a massive ledge about to drop and a fat kid shouts,

'Don't fall mate, You might smash your face in'

Also, i've rode home from the local skate park and a chav grabs one of my mates by his collar and shouts to him,

'Where the F*cks Cunno'

Then he sprints down the road, and we both look at each other very confused. :S

I usually get, "wheres the seat?"

I get asked it daily!

That is something that I'm getting

I only seem to get asked "where's your seat"

It's got to the point now i only reply with

"oh f**k..... those theiving bastards stole it again... DAMN YOU QUICK RELEASE"

Im sorry, but i HAVE to steal that! Such a good comeback!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Some really intoxicated guy tryed to show us an injury he sustained from his bike seat after the wheres your bike seat question.

Let's just say nobody wants to see what he injured, I am scarred for life :( just appoint much ginger hair you could nit a horrible jumper.

I usually get asked the usual of

"where's the seat"

"how much was it"

"is it light?"

Then I get the odd "can I have a go" that I reply with you really think I will say yes

Or the odd grief about the helmet witch gets the usual f**k you

Haha