R/c Cars

isitafox

In what appears to be some kind of late 20's crisis I've been rekindling my interest in stuff I had and did when I was younger. One of these things was to dig out my old RC car from my dads loft the other day, mainly so I can go out with my son who's just got a cheap ELC thing, and wondered if anyone on here is or was into it??

My car is a vintage (88ish) Kyosho Raider with a Futaba Atrack remote, still completely standard but I fancy upgrading a few bits on it to pull it at least a bit more up to date.

Gonna bring it in to work over the next few weeks to give it a good clean up and grease so I can see what needs repairing/replacing and might even buy a new shell and graphics to give it a completely new paintjob. I've been inspired by one I came across that a collector rebuilt, here's a pic of how it should look

billet09150_L.jpg

And the one that's made me want to fix it up

post-24247-0-18133800-1329387886_thumb.j

I used to be into it but never stripped the cars down etc, What size batterie does it take? Ive got a 19.2v in mine and that went pretty quick!

Two of mine, one was a Christmas present ages ago and the red one was bought of a mate for a 10er! ssooo dusty!

DSCF1797.jpg

Edited by trials owns

I raced with a local club for about 7 years, never got any further than B class (mid league) but had fun and won a load of trophies :)

Started off with a PB mini mustang, went to an Team Associated RC10 (ex Craig Drescher machine), then a Schumacher Cougar2000 (with full carbon chassis) and finally a Yokomo YZ10 Superdogfighter (ex factory machine with carbon tub chassis and lots of nice bits). Controlled with a sanwa 40mhz transmitter, futaba reciever, KO-Propo steering servo and speedtronics (I think) speed controller; powered by sanyo 7.2v saddle packs. Still got the lot upstairs in the loft, I reckon the batteries are long gone but the car and other electronics itself should be spot on :)

Tell me about it, I didn't realise how expensive some stuff is! Been on loads of forums and it looks like if your in the US you can beg, borrow an steal a build with no problems but over here there just doesn't seem to be as big an online following or if there is I haven't come across it yet!

Yeah i found the forums to be a bit...rubbish :P unless you have decent money, nobody wants to help. I'm currently working on a brushed motor speed controller and i was given a 1/10th scale cheapy rc porsche that i can use the shell from and replicate the chassis to house suspension and a decent sized motor! It has some seemingly decent wheels and tyres on it which helps with the budget :)

i've got a couple

tamiya mo3 mini x2 in bits

tamiya tl01 with mini wishbones it (was a project but i forget what i was trying to achieve!)

tamiya tl01b buggy in bits

tamiya mad bull in bits (starting to see a pattern here lol)

tamiya ta03 touring car

tamiya f1 car from around 1993

axial ax10 rock crawler

tamiya blackfoot extreme (smashed to bits!)

tamiya ff01 civic vti shelf queen

and a spital trial 12 buggy from the late 70's, now that's properly old!

i never actually realised how many i had til i counted them just now, i used to race the minis and touring cars a few years ago

I've got a Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 and a HPI Sprint 2 (Modded to drift with CS setup etc.)

Here's a pic of the Sprint 2, I'm pretty pleased how the colours turned out! :)

Just need to get the cables together that it looks cleaner..

post-27512-0-47224400-1329512952_thumb.j

Got two nitros too.

Edited by Hopping_Topsy

bought a Toyota Corrola AE86 shelled drifter in Shanghai (as you do) for a whole £2.50, its now lowered, stickered and most of the internals and wheels are replaced with X-Mod parts. Its pretty sick and has working headlamps and brakelights, even holds drifts both of the long and short variety. Best investment I've ever made; I'll try and get some pics up soon. :D

I accidentally 2 nitro cars last night for 21quid complete with radio gear for each one

EDIT: collected them, one is a reely p190, the other a kyosho alpha pureten. Kyosho just needs a good clean and its ready to go, reely needs front hubs, wheels and a pull starter and it should be all good. Think i will sell the kyosho as its seemingly worth decent money, get what i paid back and then use the reely for parts for my home built car

Edited by Paul Oliver

I have been working on the Reely P190, one of the front hubs+axle was missing so i made my own :P brass bush instead of a bearing but it'll do for now and it wont be running drive shafts upfront anyway :) Hoping to have some fun drifting it about and if thats boring i can always make a new axle thats compatible with driveshafts

I am stuck on the Reely engine, its a 12 size and apparently had a new cyclinder sleeve and piston fitted. Its missing its pull start and glow plug. I can't seem to find any information on the engine so I dont know what the part numbers are, nor can i find out what fuel type i need. Does anybody happen to know a Reely distributor? I have found one in germany called Conrad but they said they could not help. Everybody i have spoken to so far hasn't even heard of Reely...

I have been working on the Reely P190, one of the front hubs+axle was missing so i made my own :P brass bush instead of a bearing but it'll do for now and it wont be running drive shafts upfront anyway :) Hoping to have some fun drifting it about and if thats boring i can always make a new axle thats compatible with driveshafts

I am stuck on the Reely engine, its a 12 size and apparently had a new cyclinder sleeve and piston fitted. Its missing its pull start and glow plug. I can't seem to find any information on the engine so I dont know what the part numbers are, nor can i find out what fuel type i need. Does anybody happen to know a Reely distributor? I have found one in germany called Conrad but they said they could not help. Everybody i have spoken to so far hasn't even heard of Reely...

Are you sure it isn't a Reedy? Which is a part of TeamAssociated :)

http://www.teamassociated.com/reedy/

A quick Google search showed that no it's not a Reedy. I must remember that Google is my friend :lol:

Edited by Theta2