R/c Cars

isitafox

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ha,I just trawled to find this page to ask the same as the last guy!

I'm really fancying a scaler, the guy that works next door to me has a all out rock crawler which is cool, but just looks weird. I'm really digging the RC4WD gelande 2 or trail finder 2. That's irrelevant thou.

Anyone else into it? I'm struggling to decide if it's pretty cool, or majorly sad :lol:.

In other news I took my Cat K1 bashing the other week with my bud and his HPI trophy 3.5, didn't do too bad in terms of matching the nitro for speeds and blew it outa the water handling. I'd forgotten how fragile it is thou, took a massive spill and it's a wreck :lol:. Could be cheaper to buy a new chassis and keep the old one for spares!

Got the hilux body painted this week, first laid a silver down, then over the top with Matt lime green, looks badass :lol:

IMAG0484_zpsc6ixt4lm.jpg

IMAG0490_zpsbcs28p0w.jpg

IMAG0499_zpsumyhmdm7.jpg

The silvers for me to scotch down too to create a metal effect so I can weather it properly, gonna add a fair amount of weathering to this body. Going to get my sticker guy to make me some 'Tom's Garden Services' stickers made up with some bullshit bush trimming pun. To go with the workhorse theme I thought I'd add some ply lining..

IMAG0501_zpsxcw9zghh.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your shells look awesome tom, would you be interested in painting me a custom shell in the future for a few bucks ?

After having a browse through the forums I decided to buy a maverick scout 1/10th scale crawler. It's pretty basic but apparently great value for money and easily upgraded/modified for better performance.

Here she is

8jmce5.jpg

Edited by Rowlly21

Ha, they're not that great in person but if you'd like something painted I'd be more than happy. It's the cliche of being a painter for a living. Customers stuff I try my best, by the time I get to my own stuff I can't be bothered :lol:

A friend of mine had a Maverick Strada drift setup, that was pretty badass. Was really reliable too, but the only downside was it's performance upgrades. It was cheaper to find a second hand MSP chassis or HPI sprint than upgrade the maverick, cheap enough to begin with thou so it's no great loss!

I've done absolutely nothing with my trailfinder2, haven't had the time really. I keep looking into what setup to run in it, I've got the servo sorted but can't decide on ESC/motor combo.

Here she is, I am very impressed with the quality of this for the price, I am also surprised at where it can go :)

What do you think you can come up with for this shell tom ?

DIQQKm.jpg

NWPwz1.jpg

P.s don't know why my photos are so small ? Try click on them you should get full size

Edited by Rowlly21

Well been having a tinker with a few things on the scout seems to improved it a lot !!

Weighted the wheels

Aluminium servo arm

Added a spacer above the shock spring to stop torque twist

Moved the inner links to the inner holes so lower it abit

Remounted/Bodged the battery position

Greased the gearbox and diffs

image.jpg1_zpsowwauo5m.jpg

It's great fun but after looking on a few RC forums I want something with some speed as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

Damn thread, piqued my interest and popped into my local hobby shop - you know, just for a look around. Ended up walking out with this.

Really impressed with the quality for the money. I used to have a HPI Rush Evo, as fun as that was, this thing just goes and no more messing round with glow starts etc. Can't wait to pop a few mods on it, another member of the club!

isQ0r9Q0.jpg

Edited by sfboy

• 3 months later...

I'm quite tempted to get a 1/18 Maverick Ion for messing around with... any thoughts? I used to have a Kyosho Raider 1/10 buggy and a Tamiya Vanessa's Lunchbox years ago but quite like the idea of having a small scale toy to keep in the car and whip out when I'm bored waiting for kids coming through a Duke of Edinburgh checkpoint or something. Don't really want to spend too much so ~£85 for a RTR doesn't seem silly.

• 6 months later...

Someone asked where the RC thread was? Ermm, well by complete fluke... Found it!

The reason, well I wondered if this generic shell (that I think has a likeness to a mk4 supra with a nissan arse) I've had littering the same spot on my floor for, ooo, gonna plum for at least two years, would be any good to anyone?

Give me a sec while I unearth it, dust it off and take a pic or two...

Edited by CC12345678910

b*****d won't edit again... Anyway, I've still got the headlights, and they look like they could be wired up to actually light up, but IDK and that stuff is beyond me. I'll get a tape now and get dimensions, but it's a fair old thing like, and pretty rigid too. Actually I've still got the rest of the car to go with the shell too. Thought maybe someone could do something with it as despite intentions, I clearly haven't.

EDIT: Inside bumper to bumper measures 560mm at shortest point, widthways is 210mm at narrowest point, wheelbase is approx. 340mm c-c and the track is 250mm across the inside of the arches.

DSCF3045.JPGDSCF3051.JPGDSCF3047.JPG

Edited by CC12345678910