Ipod Touch Cases - Soft Silicone Vs Hard Plastic

Laurence--Trials

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better for protecting the ipod?

• Silicone case
    • Plastic case

My screen smashed when i dropped it (Ipod touch 4) with a plastic clip on case. Now using a silicone one as its "meant" to help it "bounce" when dropped. I dont fancy dropping it to try....

Oh right thanks, good help :)

the silicone one would probably absorb shock more, and stop it slipping off surfaces and stuff. The plastic one is to stop scratches to the back, I'd get yourself some screen protectors if I were you too. They have made my ipods last so much longer!

Yeah thats what i thought in my head but then again "in my head" is different to real life. I have about 10 screen protectors but had to take the one i was using off so that i could use the plastic case because when i put the plastic one on it lifted the screen protector off due to the fact it was so tight against the screen.

Neither will protect the screen IMO.

Silicon cases piss me off they don't slide in your pocket and collect a load of crap on them generally, they stop scratches but generally not dents when dropped.

Plastic cases slide in and out of your pocket easily, don't collect dirt and stop scratches and dents. The case will crack if dropped maybe but not the iPod.

I'd say plastic.

Yeah I agree! Only one I had a case in was the chrome backed iPod touch cause I knew I was gonna sell it a year or so on, thus the back was scratch free and got a lot more moneys for it.

Didnt have a case on the 3GS it felt gash and now on the 4 I just have a front and back protector as it feels so nice without a case and don't wanna ruin that!

And that's a bad thing, right?...

I want to dig him up just to punch him in the face every time I see that picture.

Let's not, because my defence of a man who was a visionary genius, a perfectionist, a millionaire at 25 (while never even being bothered about money), created 2 of the worlds biggest companies and then saved the first one after it had been f**ked by others, could definitely paint me in a less than perfect light ;)

Probably doesn't help that I'm still reading the biography that has that photo on the front either :P

EDIT: Oh, and that picture is a kind of piss take anyway - a piss take of (and homage to) their pre-iMac branding of 'Think Different' with various black and white portraits labeled only with 'Think Different'. Double successful though...

Edited by JDâ„¢

Plastic case all the way.

Got one on my samsung galaxy S and it gives it a much wider profile so its easier to hold. Ive dropped my phone countless amount of times before I got the case mainly because its so thin and light (wish it was thicker) cos when i pull it out of my pocket it likes to fly out of my hands.

Plastic for das win

Edited by dann2707

Not solid plastic or silicone, I like the ones that's half way inbetween, flexible but not soft like silicone so it'll slide in your pocket still and not hard like plastic that'll will crack if you dropped it.

But what ever case you use that cover the sides and back, small dirt will collect between the case and the phone and if you don't clean it out once in a while, after some time you'll notice tiny scratches caused by the dirt wiggling every time you use the phone.

Not solid plastic or silicone, I like the ones that's half way inbetween, flexible but not soft like silicone so it'll slide in your pocket still and not hard like plastic that'll will crack if you dropped it.

But what ever case you use that cover the sides and back, small dirt will collect between the case and the phone and if you don't clean it out once in a while, after some time you'll notice tiny scratches caused by the dirt wiggling every time you use the phone.

I only got the choice of the two unfortunly, dont want to buy another :lol: Whats the material your talking about called?

I will, however due to it being ME and not using a case for a month or so it looks like someone has got some sandpaper on the back of it and gave it a quick rub anyway :unsure:

I only got the choice of the two unfortunly, dont want to buy another :lol: Whats the material your talking about called?

I will, however due to it being ME and not using a case for a month or so it looks like someone has got some sandpaper on the back of it and gave it a quick rub anyway :unsure:

I don't know, mine was £5 from the local market. Best I can describe the material is it's like dried up haribos.