27Th May Round 3

kevind

Hi team,

I have been asked if we could have the event on the Saturday 26th May to work with their Bike weekend. I have replied saying that traditionally events are on a Sunday. I can set up on Saturday and I know some Dads and riders work Saturdays. Can you let me know? If I dont get any responses I will asume no one cares if its changed.

The event is near Kirkliston, near Edinburgh and has a huge Granite quarry. I cant use the quarry as Tarmac have said NO to the competition, but there are lots of rocks on the hill side around the quarry. If its still not in use then we practice there with our trials bikes on Sundays. The farm that its based at has a big cafe for breakfast and grub afterwards, proper toilets and a car park and I can put an artificial section or two in the car park area for the spectators. Proper trial this one could be. (say in yoda voice)

Edited by kevind

So what have you decided with this?

I have been away working and havn't had a chance to do anything about it. As only two have taken 10 secs to reply, then I will talk with the organisers and Saturday it shall be. I will em them over the weekend and keep you posted. Off to Frazerbourgh now.

• 1 month later...

I have been away working and havn't had a chance to do anything about it. As only two have taken 10 secs to reply, then I will talk with the organisers and Saturday it shall be. I will em them over the weekend and keep you posted. Off to Frazerbourgh now.

saturday would be even better ;-)

Hi Guys, It is confirmed for the 26th, I cant use the quarry. Elfs and safties get in the way of fun. There will be an artificial section or two in the car park of the farm and then the rest of the sections up in the woods. I will be over next Sunday afternoon to have a look at what I can use in the woods. It is part of Craigies Farms bike weekend so hopefully there should be lots of other things/spectators around and toilets and a great cafe to use.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the entry form for Next SATURDAYs trial. SATURDAY SATURDAY! Six sections in the woods on big and small rocks. Two artificial sections in the car park. This is part of a bigger bike day. Toilets and a great cafe at the venue as well. Start the when I were a lad stories!

Soory for the late post but my work comitments have changed and I am away most of the time. See you all on Saturday.

Did I mention Saturday not the usual day.

Hi Team,

Well it was a very sunny day and few more riders than last! Hope you all enjoyed it and the artificial section in the car park was something a bit different. Funny how the marks on that one were much lower than on the natural sections. Must of been to easy? Good mix of terrain with lots more to clear out for new sections. Cammy hopefully will have his shin pads on next time. I have some time now so will get results page up on the web page soon. Sorry just been very busy work wise. See you all at Fort William. Entries at bike trial web page or here on the forum. Our next one after Fort Bill is August 26th at Killin Falls in the centre of the village. If its not wet it will be an epic venue and will suit all you streety riders as its just flat grippy rock. Plenty of notice so keep it clear.

Hi Towler,

Sorry not this one. Its run under Bike trial Federation as its a British round as well. Entry needs to be in for end of week. But you can ride Saturday or Sunday or Both. I think Ross is maybe coming up for this one? Keep 26th August clear Killin falls if weather is good.

Edited by kevind

Have your entry in to bike trial by weekend please? No enter on the day with this one, as passes need to be issued. Thanks for the extra pair of hands, and they will be put to good use, but if you have to go back down the road for Saturday, then there are hopefully a few helping and we should just have marking left to do by Friday. I am going up tomorrow for a few days to get the big stuff moved if I can.