Day 1 Inspired Element

jordi555

Here's a little video of my first day with my new bike

I've never had a trials bike before, but I come from a bmx, MTB and motorcycle trials background of over 30 yrs, I'm 42.

I bought my 8yr old an Onza Rip for Christmas last year and it looked like too much fun

Big thanks to Adam at Tartybikes for sorting me out with this Inspired 26'', I love it..

That can't honestly be your first day riding trials

Yep, honestly, it was my first day riding a trials bicycle yesterday..

I have about 30 years motorcycle trials experience and still regularly compete at club and centre level, although not as much as I'd like to these days :angry:

So I guess some of the skills I've picked up help me ride cycle trials.

It's good to ride with my son on the push bikes, maybe once he's a little older I hope we can ride motorbike trials together too.

When I get chance and my riding improves there could be another video in the making.

Thanks for the comments so far, I was a little unsure as whether to bother posting my crummy little video on here compared to what I'd seen already, but I'm glad I did B)

Really good stuff. Your style looks really controlled which always makes for a particularly good watch (Y)

Thanks mate, I'm suffering today though, aching all over my upperbody.

Couldn't ride today because of the rain,which is probably not a bad thing, gives me some chance to recover, but I cant wait to get back out on it next weekend (Y)

A few more weeks and I should be a bit more bike fit, which is what I'm lacking at the moment......... it's all good fun B)

The whole father son combo is seriously cool. It'll be really good if you keep the videos rolling out every so often as you both improve. It's nice to watch videos where you can see the rider's progression.

Definitely stick with the father son deal in your videos, it's awesome.

Good work. Top tune. I love New Order. We are starting to get a quite a few father and son riders at the Crowthorne events now. Definately looks like the way forward. Nice to see riders older than me (32). A few more at the comps and I might push for a veterans category!!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a little update.

A few weeks on and some improvements have been made.

It's certainly helping to keep me fit and keeping me sharper for competing on the Motorcycle trials bike..and my boy is getting better too B)

It's not day 2 by the way. More like week 4

• 6 months later...

At the weekend I had a big off over the bars, I've managed to smash my right hand scaphoid, consequently I'm sat here with a pot on up to my elbow...

Following my bad back issues earlier this year I've decided to sell the Element.... I'm going to to stick to motorcycle trials as its much safer :-)

• 2 weeks later...