The Car Thread

MadManMike

get boddies , you will never look back ,for somebody with your mechanical knowledge it will be easy trust me.

The noise......... is just something you have to experiance

The inlet to me looks to be a seriously overpriced bit of kit although its a very simple bolt on , im sure if you went in a car with boddies and you brought the inlet you would want to sack it off.

Leon is now running 260bhp with a little help from AMD.

Good lord what a difference! Still got a 3" turbo intake pipe to go on once it comes (hopefully this week!), which from most reports adds about 10bhp.

Can't even begin to imagine what Prawn's is like with another 70bhp and several 100kg less! Mine's like an absolute monster now!

Oh spunky! AMD? Really? Havnt you heard about all the horror stories of AMD mapped cars?

They up the load without the fuelling, running dangerously lean and usually with far too much boost! So many horror stories about AMD mapped cars :(

Did they dyno it before and after? Glad yore liking it, but I'd be very worried about an AMD map!

It was either AMD or Revo, and remembering how my Audi was all or nothing, I wanted a more progressive delivery.

The road tested it before the map was on, then dyno'd, then put the map on, then road tested, then did an after dyno.

From what I read on seatcupra.net, people were very impressed with the maps, so saw no reason to doubt them! Got me worried now! :(

I had been doing a bit of research into maps and Revo maps do seem to have very bad reputation. Bad fuelling, too much boost etc... apparently caused by it just being a 'standard' code made to suit German laws where fuelling is not allowed to be tweaked? I think the custom maps are meant to be better. There was an interesting thread on seatcupra.net regarding maps but it quickly got deleted when it got bitchy and r-tech got mentioned! From the research I have done I know that I will be very selective of who I allow near my car if I do ever get it mapped.

In car related news, I am still loving my Leon. All my 'modifications' are now done, I have aero wipers that work, a Skoda Fabia rear wiper arm that works (and looks nicer), the CD changer in the glove box has been removed and replaced with a stowage box where I have fitted a connects2 USB unit. Sadly I am suffering with leaky door seals which is a very common problem that I will fix at some point over the summer. I might get the car mapped one day but for now I'm very happy :)

Jardo - Cheers for the informative post that could be read as you either having a positive or negative opinion of R-Tech, very helpful (Y)

The opinion I have of R Tech is simple, they are the best. And regardless of distance anybody who has their car mapped by anybody other than Niki is, special.

I have seen amazing figrues from Niki, and what is incredible is he doesn't seem to care about the fact he is a business. He plays with these cars because he loves it, for instance to prove a point he once offered to map K03 cars for free, because people did not believe he could get the figures he claimed. He has built such a name for himself by offering incredible service, mental knowledge and most of all by pushing the boundries.

Niki knows that the best way to get his customers in is by offering the highest performance for the least money. And he does it safely, responsibly and in a fun enviroment. An R Tech car feels special because every one is different, and Niki remembers them all.

I sent him a PM on ASN with just a picture of my car asking him if he had a before and afer log on his file from the mapping session he had. I wasn't expecting a two page essay mentioning every detail of my car which he had mapped over a year ago.

He is a legend, unlike Seamons who is a bellend.

As much as I would like an R-Tech map, having to travel four hours either way is not something I am prepared to do for a stage 1 map!

I chose AMD because I have read countless reviews from people saying how pleased they were with the service/outcome, and I have to agree, I was treated very well, and the car absolutely flies now!

Another consideration was the fact I am planning to go to stage 2 in the future, and AMD is right on the boundries of distance I am willing to make 2 trips to!

And no offence, but you're opinion is invalid, because you haven't had any work done by either of them.

I will look into the apparent AMD pitfalls, and see what I can find. I've just ordered a boost gauge and pillar pod, so I can keep an eye on boost levels.

There are literally hundreds of people on SCN with AMD maps, they can't be that bad!

He is a legend, unlike Seamons who is a bellend.

hahahahahahahahaha. Love it!

Revo are a bit spikey on the older stuff, although far better on an LCR than on an LC I must say. AMD's bad rep comes from other tuners George, All AMD customers seem to be very happy, and the cars put out good figures, but whilst the figures are good the cars are going a bit mental doing it, far too much boost, not enough fuel, hitting EGT protection at the top end and fuel dumping, all just a bit crazy and unsafe, although it makes the figures and people smile.

What were the before and after dyno results?

I will look into the apparent AMD pitfalls, and see what I can find. I've just ordered a boost gauge and pillar pod, so I can keep an eye on boost levels.

There are literally hundreds of people on SCN with AMD maps, they can't be that bad!

Ignore Jardo by all means, but have a good read of the above ^^^

You won't find it documented on SCN anywhere, because M0rk deletes anything bad said about any forum sponsor within seconds, and SCN is full of clueless fanboys, who like I say above, are blissfully unaware that their cars, whilst fast, are running dangerously hot and lean

Have you got any links to what you're saying? I get what you mean, but searched google for AMD reviews, AMD poor maps etc etc, and literally found nothing!

It was 216 bhp before (AMK engine, catback non-res exhaust, jetex cone), 256bhp after, but Ben said it would be a couple more once it had adapted. Can't remember the torque, but it was about the same increase. Still got the 3" TIP to go on, so hoping for 10-15bhp and lbfts extra on this.

Then I'll fit a decat downpipe and go for stage 2 in a few weeks. Wanna get DS2500's first though, I miss them from my Audi!

There are no links, it is discussed behind closed doors. I'm afraid you simply have to accept it :P

I'll see what I can find later on

You also need to accept you have wasted your money, shouldn't have got stage 1 and should have gone straight to R Tech for stage 2.

Niki is getting 250bhp out of K03s's and 300bhp out of K04's, enough said.

Nopes, I've had a look, and you won't find anything i don't think.

Reason being, the only people who can expose these short comings are tuners, with dynos.

These people stand to make money from exposing the faults of AMD, and as such, they can't really be seen to be bad mouthing other tuners, as it's just not done.

Bill has had countless AMD mapped cars in and found them to be dangerously lean, Niki has had exactly the same, speak to either of them about it and they will laugh like you wouldn't believe, but mention it on a public forum and you get nothing.....

Same goes for P-torque too, absolute bunch of jokers.

Try asking about AMD maps on the Secret Seat society and you'll start a MASSIVE argument about it, I have done several times before, and people left the group because they couldn't hack it.

AMD's rollers over read by about 20bhp too, compared to Badger 5 and R-tech, I tested them all back to back over 3 consecutive weekends

As much as I would like an R-Tech map, having to travel four hours either way is not something I am prepared to do for a stage 1 map!

Seriously bad call there boyo, did you actually check the distances?

AMD essex, 93 miles, 1hr 50mins from you according to google.

R-tech, 121 miles, 2 hrs 30mins from you by google.

Only an extra 40 mins further than GAY-MD were!

If you haven't got the message yet Cum-face, we are bitterly dissapointed at your lack of research and disregard for quality. Next you will be asking us which DV spring to run...

Not to mention if you went to R Tech you would be Prawns 400'th referal and be would have got a free sticker.

Meh, its all a bit late now anyway haha! Bit hard to form a decision when the bad points are "behind closed doors"!

Maybe I'll go to R-Tech for stage 2, who knows. Must admit, I thought they were far further than that from me!

What did you have done at R-Tech Jardo?

Nothing, he's never been there :P

They mapped his car before he bought it though, and gave him the same after sales service and care that they would had he personally spent the £300 there himself.

All a bit late now as you say dude. It doesn't effect me in the slightest, I'm just dissappointed for you that you spent your hard earned cash on something which is widely regarded as rubbish :(

Bit of research would have saved you a load.

if you had R-tech stage 1, stage 2, and any subsequent map tweaks would be totally free as well