The Car Thread

MadManMike

Did the D2's f**k up?

I seem to remember suggesting that they would when you got them.

AST are the nuts, I drove a Clio on AST units and it was immense.

D2's are still in one piece, the rear springs died, the front ones were KW so those are still ok. The problem is that each shock absorber had to have it's damping set up separately. One might have been on maximum, the other on click 5 of 16 and that would correspond to similar damping on both of them. So just really difficult to get right. They're not that bad to be honest, they took a lot of absue in the past 2 years and during my last comp, they were still going strong and made the car handle really well. But they're just not good enough for this level of driving.

ctrl-v/

Audi got a new DV today. Because she's been a good girl.
I'm eeking it out until I get home and have funds available to fix all the little things that annoy me, **** me this thing refuses to give up though. It's been lapping it up in the hot weather we've been having, I've taken it out for a couple of midnight hoons across the moors etc and all has been good. I might post some pictures tomorrow.
I am fairly certain I have a boost leak as power and boost are both fluctuating on full throttle, but it is totally random and some times it is perfect. So I may have to chat up Phil Mil and have a smoke test done on Sunday if he is about. But I'm not too bothered.
She has been spending a lot of time round at her younger brothers house this week too, and as such is feeling neglected because George the Golf is always immaculate, and poor old Audi is used and abused these days.
1000856_10151831484765087_1959017577_n.j
Love that thing though.
(Audi will still show it a clean pair of heels any day though :P)

*oh, the fannying airbag light has decided it light up because I left it at work over night.

Edited by Pashley26

Hah, the car was pretty for a short while :P

kn1a.jpg

Also need to replace the windscreen and fix the bonnet. Thankfully no time was lost, the impact shattered the bumper and it flew off very quickly. Going to see if I can fix it, need lots of zipties and fibreglass. Could be quite a challenge.

i love your attitude so much, i'd have been raging if that was either of mine!

That's the best you can do, the most annoying thing was getting a 25 second penalty. The bumper and windscreen are just things :) Will upload an onboard + external view + telemetry tonight. This mishap was caught on video but didn't look dramatic, there were just things flying off the car.

I'm at Ten of The Best at an airfield in York. Just did 2 laps in a 640bhp/ton Ariel Atom (the supercharged vtec one). What an incredible machine! Seriously raw power. Ended up a bit backwards at one point haha.

Reeeeeeaaaaally not helping my desire for a kit car...better get saving!

I'm at Ten of The Best at an airfield in York. Just did 2 laps in a 640bhp/ton Ariel Atom (the supercharged vtec one). What an incredible machine! Seriously raw power. Ended up a bit backwards at one point haha.

Reeeeeeaaaaally not helping my desire for a kit car...better get saving!

Jealoustastic!!

The s2k as it stands now, only had it a few months now.
Coilovers, rear toe arms, steering rack spacers, 17x9 +45 rpf1's in sbc coating wrapped in Federal RS-R's and a Invidia exhaust.
Handling is pretty epic now, no more rear end bump steer or twitchyness, the rear end is very progressive and controllable, love it!

jvx9.jpg

969m.jpg

31ze.jpg

74t6.jpg

udb0.jpg

3s0d.jpg

g6w7.jpg

S2k's are bloody nice. Enjoy it!

Onboard from last comp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR9fz_L3qdo

Feel like a noob for taking out those tyres at the beginning. It's clear what went wrong but I should have held it and maintained the line anyway. 25s penalty for that. Total time for the competition was over 36 minutes and yet those 25s cost me 2 places. After 5 rounds, I'm 1st overall in the main classification and 2nd in BMW Challenge which is a sub-group. However, that's the one that really counts.

Looks nice. How do you find it relative to your Civic type-R? Obviously it has advantages of roof-down/ RWD but I mean in terms of noise / drama / how much of an event it is to drive etc?

The s2k as it stands now, only had it a few months now.