The Car Thread

MadManMike

Jardo...you don't "make cars good". You buy them modified, say they are the best car ever, take all the glory for them, then sell them on at a loss. You did it with the first A3, the second A3 (although not so much that, because I guess you steered Lou into doing it), and the S3...and pretty much all the other cars you have owned.

Don't be a glory hunter :P

It's been a pretty good little car so far , but needs some care at the moment....

Also what kind of mpg do people get from

Their 1.9tdis? Mines an atd and will never go below 52, but never above 60.... Seems fairly low?

Mine got pretty much those figures. Haven't got the most MPG friendly roads around here either Alex!

Apart from fitting the clutch (which I helped with) and fitting 312's I did every single piece of work on the last A3. When I met Lou it was a standard car with an air filter and a set of 312's. The only thing she paid for on that entire car was the coilovers, drunk on New Years day in Barnstaple.

The S3 I did a load of work to as you know.

The E36 I stanced out, fitted the coilovers, refurbished the wheels, spaced it, fitted camber shims. That started out as a standard car.

The Clio 172 I mapped, fitted camber bolts and a rear roll bar, had the front bumper resprayed and replaced the fog lights, replaced the thumb grips and the interior radio trims and door grabs. That started out as a standard car.

The only cars I have bought "done" and not done anything to was my first A3, the 306 and my Mk2 Golf (but even that I fitted big brakes, spacers, replaced the bumper inserts and rewired and fitted a four light grille.)

You're chatting shit blud innit.

Edited by Pashley26

It's been a pretty good little car so far , but needs some care at the moment....

Their 1.9tdis? Mines an atd and will never go below 52, but never above 60.... Seems fairly low?

Depends on how you drive and the roads obviously. I tend to have a light right foot and until fairly recently I've averaged 60-70mpg on pretty much every journey. It's now about 50-60 hopefully just because it's winter...

I used to get like 70mpg on motorways but since I fitted a new turbo it seems to get 60 if I try hard... Averages 45-50 haha but I ain't complaining she's nippy :)

Maybe I need a Dan service on it.