The Car Thread

MadManMike

I agree with putting a load of flowers down there. Not really gonna gain you anything, but at least it should play on the other driver's conscience (hopefully!)

I'd definitely do that. Everyone complains about insurance premiums going up, but people behaving like that hardly helps things. I'm riding a motorbike on the roads here now and it makes me far more conscious of the crazy/dangerous/selfish shit that people do.

Having just got of the Brecon Beacons after a week on exercise and caught up on this lot: Fffffuuuuuu...

Gutted got you, gents. Kennard you've had a rough time with that LCR, I really don't understand how you've had so much pain :(

It is pretty irritating. However, uprated engine is on the cards.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I'm breaking it down and reshelling everything into another one in a few weeks time. Soul destroying really, that shell only had 52,000 on the clock and was one of the cleanest I'd seen.

That SUCKS! Is the new shell a fitting replacement for you? What an Uber fanny for just leaving you, flowers for sure!

Cheers, Ash

Edited by Ash-Kennard

It is pretty irritating. However, uprated engine is on the cards.

That SUCKS! Is the new shell a fitting replacement for you? What an Uber fanny for just leaving you, flowers for sure!

Cheers, Ash

I think I'm going to struggle to find one that was as rust free as this one, or as lower mileage. The lad we use for our body and paint is coming to look at it on Monday. If he can straighten out the rear quarter and sill then I'm quite happy to find a door and a front wing and take some time to tidy the whole thing up in general.

Both drivers wheels are f**ked. Immaculate Rota Grids. Very buckled and some good chunks missing :(

checked all the levels yesterday to make sure I'd not lost any fluids. Everything dry and no damp spots beneath where it's parked, however the engine oil level has dropped to just above minimum in a week so I've got an oil thirsty B16. Mate had told me it puffed a little smoke when it went into Vtec and a tad on a morning but it looks like it's a little more than some worn valve stem seals. Might take the opportunity to rebuild it while it's off the road.

Edited by SamKidney

All the Eagle H-Beam rods i've seen for sale Ash haven't been rifle drilled. Probably be cheaper to buy a set of IE's that are drilled, than getting the Eagles drilled. Where are you looking at buying them from?

Just bought myself a spare set of wheels and tyres (Michelin/Dunlop pairs) for the winter as my tyres are dead and the wheels need a refurb:

cffa3c47-b1f4-450b-850d-6942d53f000c.jpg

Got a bit of kerbing to them, but the time the tyres on these are dead the other wheels will be refurbed and then I can get these sorted.

Finally started ordering FMIC bits too :)

intercooler.jpg

Edited by craigjames
  • Like 1

550x230x65mm 63mm outlets, need to take some wires of where the bends need to route, buy them and get someone at work to weld them onto the end tanks. Then I need to do the same and get a turbo outlet pipe fabbed up and a MAP sensor boss welded on. No rush, want it done right. More welded pipework means less joins and less potential failure/leakage points...hopefully.

Wooooop! Sounds spot on mate, good shit.

I'd like to make up some hard lines for mine at some point (along with something a little more substantial than the sheet of .75mm mild steel the core is currently hanging from (lulz). Got a few weeks in the workshops on base now so hopefully be able to get at least the latter squared away.