The Car Thread

MadManMike

Quick release and new wheel on the car. System is spot on absolute no play in it at all quality bit of kit. Indicators still switch them selfs off and horn will work once i get it wired up.

Decided i need to get my finger out and get my dash sorted so its mounted to the car and not just sitting on a towel haha. So bought a fiberglass kit and went over to see the parents as dads the handy man so will be making it for me. Got a cut out in place just need to sand it all dowm at work monday and he will fibreglass front and back to hold it in place then will get dash properly mounted to that.

Also flocked dash has came once i get a minuite 1 weekend i will be taking old 1 out and ripping out all the uneccesary wiring and tidying the car up and heating back in.

20151017_175635.jpg

20151017_175656.jpg

20151017_175709.jpg

20151017_180036.jpg

20151017_180055.jpg

Also thinking of upgrading intake to 1 of these. I recon some more power could be had with getting colder air. My intake temps get quite high during the day according to dash they go up to around 45-50 its fine at nights with it been cold at the moment around 18 but on track in the sun my current set up is probably just pulling in loads of hot air from engine bay.

$(KGrHqEOKpYE6b8I4MOtBOwgussYCg~~60_1.jpg

$(KGrHqQOKj4E6dU+by(jBOwguw1))w~~60_1.jpg

Edited by greg1040
  • Like 1

Nice 1 sam. Sort of power you aiming for with the b18? And which ecu u going to be hooking it up too?

Some pics of my friends nova its coming on nicly possibly going to be on the road next year thing is going to be an absolute monstor 4 wheel drive i think around 700kg and around 500bhp.

IMG-20150914-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20150804-WA0018.jpg

• Like 2

Hoping to hit near 220bhp on ITBs. 

However, Been round to to a mates house this evening and he's got a complete B series turbo setup that should be good for 250-300 on a B16 for not an unreasonable sum. Very tempted. Complete bolt on kit and would only leave me to source some injectors, catch can and breathers and an ecu to tune. 

Hoping to hit near 220bhp on ITBs. 

However, Been round to to a mates house this evening and he's got a complete B series turbo setup that should be good for 250-300 on a B16 for not an unreasonable sum. Very tempted. Complete bolt on kit and would only leave me to source some injectors, catch can and breathers and an ecu to tune. 

sweet i dont think u can go wrong which ever route u head down. Id imagine 220 on the b18 would be easy enough with a high comp build.

Manual,

The cage is specifically for a nova just it could all come out the car as a whole since floor ect was cut away its all welded back into the shell now though.

He bought that car as pictured above for his first car almost 10 years ago since gear box went few months after purchasing it if i remeber correctly it was instantly turned into a project car. Its a full weld in cage from custom cages for a nova it does have some custom work on it since its going to be 4 wheel drive thats why the floors been cut away. 

Any micra experts on here ? 

Bought a 1.3 1999 inspiration with Intensions of turning it into a Autotest/road rally car.

i heard these thugs can rust pretty bad, does anyone know the prone spots to look for ? Going to get it in a ramp to inspect but want to have some idea what to look for. If it's really bad it's no goer.

image_zps0oryoz5h.jpg

Any micra experts on here ? 

Bought a 1.3 1999 inspiration with Intensions of turning it into a Autotest/road rally car.

i heard these thugs can rust pretty bad, does anyone know the prone spots to look for ? Going to get it in a ramp to inspect but want to have some idea what to look for. If it's really bad it's no goer.

No expert but I do own one. :P I have a 1998 1.3 GX.

Front crossmember (but that isn't structural really), sills and where the rear sub frame mounts to the body.