The Car Thread

MadManMike

I'd rather go for a 100hp fun machine ;)

EDIT:  That said, having seen Adam's video from Donington the Munter's pretty much a 100hp wheel spin machine on those tyres.  In related news, high winds and possible heavy rain for Anglesey this weekend: should be interesting.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Throttle isn't an on off switch :) you learn so much more in the wet...

Oh I know Ads, I've done Cadwell in the wet. It just wasent pleasant around halls bends and down to the start/finish. 

Even feeding the power in under half throttle it's starting to spin.  

Sounds like every car in the wet :) if you're already on the limit of traction and you ask the tyre to do more work by applying throttle, it'll slide. The key is balancing everything to find the quickest / safest way round.

I can teach you how and where to find more grip...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadManMike said:

Just 'cos I haven't posted it yet. That's my new company car. I love it :D

I had some nice company cars, then I got stung by a tax bill because my employers somehow forgot to tell HMRC that I had a car until several years later. If you're paying tax on it, make sure it's coming out of your pay so you don't get a nasty surprise!

Great cars, the Golfs. I had a 1.9TDi back in 2008 and it was lovely to drive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dann2707 said:

Builds super fast car. Doesn't take it to track days because it's too fast. I'm sorry but that's f**king hilarious 

You miss understand, I built a fast car, I take it on track days but cold and wet track days  are shite.

I will take you out in it if you would like though if we end up doing a day together. 

May have squared away a forged engine. Would love to have built it up myself (which would also have given the option of going to a larger bore stroker... </dirty thoughts>) but due to work I simply don't have the time at present so that will have to wait for a future project. Just need to check out a few little details but should be good to go really.

Edit; Rods aren't rifle drilled as first though, bollocks. The search continues then...

41 minutes ago, LiamWood! said:

You miss understand, I built a fast car, I take it on track days but cold and wet track days  are shite.

I will take you out in it if you would like though if we end up doing a day together. 

Yeah don't take me seriously dude I'm not trying to be derogatory. Would love a passenger ride it sounds epic. 

1 hour ago, Tony Harrison said:

I had some nice company cars, then I got stung by a tax bill because my employers somehow forgot to tell HMRC that I had a car until several years later. If you're paying tax on it, make sure it's coming out of your pay so you don't get a nasty surprise!

Great cars, the Golfs. I had a 1.9TDi back in 2008 and it was lovely to drive.

Funny you should say that, the guy I inherited the car from had exactly that - a year or something of paying nothing. Surprisingly enough, HMRC wanted their money immediately.

I'm pushing for the P11D to be sorted ASAP as I definitely don't want to end up in that situation.

This one is a 2015 1.4 TSI S GT, so 1.4 turbo with 150bhp. Not rocket ship fast, but fast for what it is. Fantastic amount of gadgets on it too, I'm used to older cars so it does things I didn't know cars could do - like adaptive cruise control where it stays a set distance from the car in front. Cool feature is the bluetooth connectivity with the phone, when you get back in the car it automatically makes your phone resume whatever music was playing when you got out of the car.

Oh and it has a sports mode which makes it sound nicer too.