The Car Thread

MadManMike

21 minutes ago, dann2707 said:

But you're in South Africa? 

Still better than the written off RS2 in New Zealand I nearly bought last month :lol: 

Anyway, coming 2017/18, Jolfa's next stupid as f**k project *drum roll*

[Pause for effect]

000000_zpsw6lemfyp.jpg

The Quaddy! (saloon dimensions are the same as Avant)

Now I just need a Caddy shell, and a ton of cutting discs, and a welder, and to be in the same country as all of these things :lol: 

Edited by Jolfa
  • Like 3

Desperately need a standard exhaust manifold. This 4-1 is shit and blows, hangs too low and catches on everything. Makes it sound like a bloody tractor chuffing away out of the two lower runners. 

Tempted to get it sorted and do a few other odds and sods like the inner rack end and drop links and get it sold. Insurers have turned round and want a bloody fortune out of me now. Cheaper to insure a proper VTi. Same engine and chassis. 

Edited by SamKidney

40 minutes ago, SamKidney said:

Desperately need a standard exhaust manifold. This 4-1 is shit and blows, hangs too low and catches on everything. Makes it sound like a bloody tractor chuffing away out of the two lower runners. 

I have a bog standard cast B16A2 one.

Just ordered this: 

image.thumb.png.ef0d4b5892922f38dea8a60d

K-Tuned billet B/D series shifter. Adjustable throw and height/reach. On with turning a solid alloy front linkage bush for the steady bar to replace the perished oem rubber item. Coupled with the weighted gear knob I have here and the replacement gearbox I will eventually get round to fitting, changing gear will soon be a delightfully crisp experience. 

• Like 1

After spending the week redecorating my house I finally found the time to get prepping the steels! I'm still undecided as to what colour/colours to go for but at least I can get them in primer

2 wheels were rather riddled with brake dust and surface rust, and I wanted to keep rust at bay

2016-02-19%2014.48.45_zps5wvkrktr.jpg

So I degreased them, used some alloy wheel cleaner and then wire brushed them rather a lot. I then slapped some Hammerite on with a brush as it's only the inside and nobody sees it

2016-02-19%2015.18.20_zpsgxhll5sv.jpg

Annoyingly there was some white paint still on the brush but at least its tidy and protected a bit better there now

2016-02-19%2015.22.40_zpspfvcnhnv.jpg

4 hours ago, Haz said:

That is one area Civics are better than the Clios. The Clio box/linkage doesn't get many trick aftermarket parts, so you're stuck with a scenic shifter and a few brass bushes.

The civic/integra and even the DC5 gearbox options are fantastic. The k tuned billet shifters for the k swaps into the older chassis are a work of art. Feel amazing. 

The shifter I've ordered feels brilliant with the solid bushes, unbelievably crisp and direct. 

Edited by SamKidney