The Car Thread

MadManMike

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

Gotta love the road between East Morton and Dick Hudsons.

Belter of a road on an evening when you can see what's coming (headlights) 

The short stretch over Baildon moor past the golf course through the S bends is a fun section too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamKidney said:

I was! I live there! You live local?? 

If it was loud and is 50 shades of blue then yes, it was me :P

Yes, I live a couple of houses down from the pub (great pub)! Where about's are you?

Small world :)

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Gotta love the road between East Morton and Dick Hudsons.

Too right, many blasts on that road over the years. In fact use to drive on it daily when I worked in Wetherby. 

You still local @Danny?

1 minute ago, Wrayvon said:

Yes, I live a couple of houses down from the pub (great pub)! Where about's are you?

Small world :)

Too right, many blasts on that road over the years. In fact use to drive on it daily when I worked in Wetherby. 

You still local @Danny?

It is a good pub! I usually have one or two on an evening. 

Up Street Lane past the school. Small world indeed! :P

19 minutes ago, SamKidney said:

It is a good pub! I usually have one or two on an evening. 

Up Street Lane past the school. Small world indeed! :P

I'll have to keep an eye out in future then!

Keep a look out for a silver SLK350 with a rather bald man driving it.... that would be me haha 

I paid £1300 for my del sol, drove it for 2-3 years, broke it, made back about £8-900 selling stuff on ebay and i still have the engine sat in my garage.

So if you do get a crashed car you'd likely make a bunch back on the other parts.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

I paid £1300 for my del sol, drove it for 2-3 years, broke it, made back about £8-900 selling stuff on ebay and i still have the engine sat in my garage.

So if you do get a crashed car you'd likely make a bunch back on the other parts.

What would you want for the engine? 

On 7/1/2016 at 7:25 AM, dann2707 said:

I'm on the look out for a written off Megane 225 if anyone sees any please give me a shout. 

there is one in Leeds, is being advertised for weeks now, price is £1500, but I think you can knock a few pounds down

https://www.gumtree.com/p/renault/2005-renault-megane-sport-225-12-months-m.o.t/1176549883

• Like 2

On 30 June 2016 at 11:47 AM, Danny said:

I live in Rodley now but am originally from Cottingley.  I'm still over that way now and again.

Rodley barge. Best pub in the world. My grandad used to have a narrowboat on the canal there and it's my uncles second home 

Edited by bing

It's been a while since I have had time to do anything to my Porsche, I decided today I should crack on with sorting the sills as the stone chip was peeling, faded and some rust was appearing on the lip underneath where it has been bent from people using the wrong jacking point. I've not gone to too much effort with stripping it back, a quick wire wheel, sanding and rust treatment is all that's needed as I will be using stone chip again then body coloured paint on top, this should make the sides of the car look a little deeper and the car should look lower too as the body appears to be closer to the floor (that's how it looks to me when I have seen others do it). I wanted to avoid going back to the metal where possible as this can mean the galvanised surface is removed, obviously where there was surface rust I had no choice!

2016-07-03%2008.32.08_zpsj6um6eti.jpg

• Like 1

Eurgh, I didn't realise that rattle can stone chip had a smooth finish, I've tried speckling the paint out by only depressing the button a little way which has kind of worked. I don't have a compressor here so I'll just whack a few coats of alpine white on and call it a day until I'm back on the farm. The whole car needs a respray anyway so at least for now it looks tidier and the rust is at bay!

Had so many weird looks from neighbours, they don't understand why i'm wrapping my car in gift paper :lol: 

2016-07-03%2011.55.10_zpsvcsllkfl.jpg

I shoved on a tin of Alpine white and it doesn't look amazing but a massive improvement over what was there before! I'll get proper side on photos once I can clean the car.

2016-07-03%2016.43.08-1_zpszabvm8zq.jpg

2016-07-03%2016.42.46%20HDR_zpsm0gnauxc.

I'm going to paint the lip part black once this has hardened and then it can stay like this until next summer when I should be in a position to paint the whole thing :) I'm thinking stay with white on top but the lower half will be prosthetic limb beige. I haven't done much prep on the wings as they both need welding so the paint in that area will be stripped off again soon anyway!