The Car Thread

MadManMike

Well, had an epic weekend. Went down to my mates house for a fun weekend of car stuff. Had an awesome Indian too. Yes the chips are mine 

20170429_212409_zps1xbtjpfh.jpg

I then bled my coolant properly so there isn't any air in the system (hopefully) 

20170501_142145_zps82k9l7nv.jpg

20170501_142130_zpszv1aklsx.jpg

I then washed the car, gf luckily came home at the right time and helped me Polish and wax it. Final results are below. 

20170501_185139_zpsh5zutxlw.jpg

20170501_185130_zpsjvp5r4kl.jpg

20170501_185145_zpsne7ewfwa.jpg

20170501_185124_zpsdlppyqtk.jpg

20170501_185101_zpsjcpy3kq1.jpg

20170501_185019_zpstc5hksms.jpg

I think I'm all ready for mapping tomorrow. Got a list of figures that my friends think it's going to make! 

I'm too excited, nervous for the drive home but more excited than anything. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Haz said:

Is it just me or is the coolant looking very dirty given it's fresh?

Yeah mate, unfortunately it looks like the thermostat opened and released the old shit into the header tank! Nightmare. I didn't however hose the original shit out so it's my bad. I'll buy some more and get it sorted. 

42 minutes ago, dann2707 said:

Yeah mate, unfortunately it looks like the thermostat opened and released the old shit into the header tank! Nightmare. I didn't however hose the original shit out so it's my bad. I'll buy some more and get it sorted. 

I was just about to say, it turned to looking like this way sooner than expected! :P

On 19.4.2017 at 6:30 PM, Haz said:

Yeah it'll look sweet in 3 months time when it looks like this. :P

tank.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good Dan, really looking forward to seeing how you get on! Presumably if the engine/blower are stock 225 items then (assuming they're both in reasonable shape) you should see at least that from it. What sort of figures are the Megane boys getting with a low level/St1-type tune?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Looking good Dan, really looking forward to seeing how you get on! Presumably if the engine/blower are stock 225 items then (assuming they're both in reasonable shape) you should see at least that from it. What sort of figures are the Megane boys getting with a low level/St1-type tune?

Thanks luke, the turbo has been upgraded to a brand new Megane 250 unit. I'm running bigger injectors, bigish intercooler, upratedr fuel pump, 3"decat, uprated clutch and smf, forge bov, oil cooler, water wetter added. I've got a list of what people think it's going to make bhp/torque. You can get 270/280 on a standard meggy with a Remap. I'm not chasing figures though, just thought it'd be interesting to see what people thought it'd make.

Screenshot_2017-05-02-10-46-06.png

• Like 1

Ah of course, forgot you switched the turbo. With that and a host of decent supporting mods it'd be nice to see upwards of 280 as a starting point. Given that the car can't weigh much more than 1000kg you'll be pushing towards 300bhp/ton which is a nice spot to be!

• Like 1

Looking bloody good Dan, I bet it's going to be a right laugh to drive! 

My e36 failed it's MOT on a front damper leak, so I've got some coilovers in the post for it. Only cheap ones, but I know a few people who have had them on e36's with no complaints and I don't plan on setting them particularly low at all (probably around 40mm lower up front and 10 at the back). I still made sure to buy them from a UK retailer with a 2 year warranty though. It'll be nice to feel a bit happier about how it's looking.

• Like 1

I thought the mot on the 740 had gone pretty well all things considered, just failed on a patch needing welded. I thought they were talking about an awkwardly placed hole near the front offside jacking point which I've known about for ages, so the quote they gave me seemed excellent. Turns out they were talking about another little patch on the chassis rail that I hadn't noticed, so I got my mot but still have a hole to patch up...I think I'll leave that and concentrate on swapping the engine over summer. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing the results Dan.

• Like 2

MX5 updateeeeeeeee

MOT tomorrow so prep for that shit, rear spring snapped from a pothole the other day, turned out the coilovers i got also didnt fit, so after towing it about 3 miles to my mates driveway.

Damage was mainly to the spat and also bent a drop link. Was saved by the guy i got the car off, and when i got there, he had just returned with another mx5 to break, with goodies on.

Deal done for a powerflow exhaust, Ultralights 15x8 with fresh rubbers, shitty gearknob, and mk2 coilovers!

With the droplink, the ARB isnt important, so thats been removed, if i get beached i need the car to have freedom to get grip anyway. Probably will end up removing the front one, depending on how it is under braking. Might go back on, but i very much doubt ill bother, car isnt going to handle at all anyway.

Snapchat-2087104512.thumb.jpg.86df412f5c32bb2fd186c67af3bbc687.jpg

Snapchat-1314447024.thumb.jpg.dd230df6fdbb3bdc813a0d513d0f449a.jpg(helper springs/bumpstops can get f**ked.)

So today just stuck the wheels on, as i know the rubber is better than what is on it and gave it a little clean and service.

Currently sat looking like its either on air or just silly wheels on a standard car. Coilys are on this weekend. At the moment it looks rather Shite.

Snapchat-1698644149.thumb.jpg.f127bcb1178f5be4ee0a7dd513c58959.jpg

Wheels, exhaust and coilovers cost 250....

Going to get smaller tyres, thinking of 165/50/15 on 8j, its on 185/55's at the moment.

I feel the MX5 people who like to wave at me, will be getting less as i hurt the purists emotions.