The Car Thread

MadManMike

Haha, got a track day late February at Cadwell and then Rockingham track time for Mimms Honda Show just before Oulton too. Half tempted to keep saving for a nice complete DC2 and really get the use out of the Civic for most of the year, with a view to swapping it all over October time. 

In track day news, my day at Bedford was cancelled a while back due to 7 inches of snow. They rescheduled for January, but I can't make it, so I've asked for a refund - that'll help pay for my insurance, due in January...

I'll be looking for alternatives in warmer months probably.

eBay had 20% off all purchases this afternoon, and I accidentally some wheels as a result. They're not 5x100, so will need adapters (not the end of the world, offset means adapters would bring things pretty much where they need to be) which I completely forgot to order at the same time and realised post-6pm when the deal had finished.

Spotted a chap apparently looking to sell a set cheap on one of the FB groups so dropped him a message. No asking price and refused to give one when I asked, so I made a low starting offer with a view to working upwards to roughly double that. Guy came back with a shitty remark, still no price, and suggested I didn't know how to haggle. When I pointed out that haggling requires both parties to talk numbers he got even shittier.

Wheels fitting on car value = low
Entertainment value = high

:lol:

• Like 2

Yeah the internet has been a blessing and a curse for the second hand market - allows any retard and their dog to trade.

Will pop some pics up if they're tidy on arrival. If they're messy or I can't find some reasonably priced adapters I'll resell them, but they were a good price so seemed silly to ignore. May get a bit of brand hate but for daily use (don't really fancy adapters for any real abuse) they should be tidy enough :)

Nothing wrong with Rotas in my eyes. 

All the Honda brand snobs pay upwards of £1k on fancy wheels like Rays, Volks, SprintHarts, Spoon etc... all very nice but I’d rather ruin a set of £300 Rotas on track than posh ones. Even if they’re not damaged in track tyre changes are regular and that in itself can take its toll on painted edges. 

So i've finally machine polished Boris. Really happy with the results, I only gave it a heavy cut on a medium pad and didn't go around everywhere with the super finishing stuff from mezermemeeme as honestly it bored the absolute tits off me. But the results look good none the less I think.

I need to go over the black trim tomorrow, and put a few coats of wax on too.

39412999941_ed8bb6b9f8_b.jpg20171231_140157 by dann2707, on Flickr

24546871997_b53cf98151_b.jpg20171231_151701 by dann2707, on Flickr

38534512745_e965dbef84_b.jpg20171231_164819 by dann2707, on Flickr

39412996021_fc2fae00ec_b.jpg20171231_164832 by dann2707, on Flickr

39412934771_e91494bbb5_b.jpg20171231_164842 by dann2707, on Flickr

I'm not sure what my phone decided to do here but it certainly looks shiny haha. I've restuck the 3/4 plate on the front too as I prefer the look of it.

38704593364_815415e193_b.jpg20171231_164911 by dann2707, on Flickr

Headlights look clear again, i've ordered some clear film wrap stuff to go over it so they don't fade again.

39412909581_57ee2f9755_b.jpg20171231_165947 by dann2707, on Flickr

1 hour ago, dann2707 said:

Headlights look clear again, i've ordered some clear film wrap stuff to go over it so they don't fade again.

Let me know how that goes as mine are awful and having to do them every two months these days. So bad they were an MOT advisory earlier this month.

Yeah, I started to dislike the side plate in the end. It was only there for the holes in the front to aid cooling as I thought I was going to have significant over heating issues but as it was cool as a cucumber I'm happy to retain the original location. 

On 28/12/2017 at 6:27 PM, Luke Rainbird said:

will need adapters (not the end of the world, offset means adapters would bring things pretty much where they need to be)

On 28/12/2017 at 6:42 PM, Luke Rainbird said:

reasonably priced adapters

Just picked up a set of adapters for very little dollah, so should be able to at least trial fit the wheels (well, A wheel since they're negative tyres at present) and get an idea of how they sit. If I'm not a fan they should be easy enough to sell on and I've got them cheap enough that I shouldn't lose much on them if it does come to that :)

• Like 1

On 31/12/2017 at 9:08 PM, Haz said:

Let me know how that goes as mine are awful and having to do them every two months these days. So bad they were an MOT advisory earlier this month.

Absolutely f**king gash. Would not recommend it in the slightest. Threw it in the bin. 

:o:o  :o  :o  :o:o:o:o 

FB_IMG_1515234798397.jpg.e977b52213cb84211f35c4388d77fe64.jpg

Such want  much wow  too cools.

I want new wheels for the fairlane (it needs new tyres and the fronts are battered, more or less square so I don't think a tyre will seat on them).

Found this which was for sale a few years ago, 62 galaxie station wagon with a 454 big block in there! Too f**king cool.

• Like 7