Mini's On The Trials Forum

Tom Booth

Not tiled asin proper solid floor tiles, just those foam working tiles that are like a jigsaw piece. We had them in the garage at home and it's a much nicer space to work in with them,keeps the chill off abit too in winter not working on concrete.

There brilliant. I always just used to cadge carpet offcuts from the shop up the road and replace when they got to covered in mig splatter but these tiles are a different league when it comes to winter. I used to use a proper gas blow heater in the garage but now I only need a small electric fire to keep warm.

Good luck getting insured on a caddy as your first car

I've got mine running quite a bit better now, timing issues sorted.

I'm not satisfied it's running totally fine though. It seems to have a slight missfire on 3 and 4, mainly 3. It doesn't seem electrical though as have decent spark etc. Any ideas before i tackle it tomorrow?

Yeah there the ones Danny, aldi did them about a year ago. Loads cheaper and not Clarke but the same thing. Gonna keep my eyes pealed for more.

Dunc, have you put anything new on? If it's sketchy on a cylinder I'd either recommend points/condenser, dizzy cap or leads and plugs. It could possibly be head gasket related but I'd doubt it.

There's nothing majorly new. I put a new headgasket on, new exhaust, new gaskets etc. The spark on the cylinder seems decent though. Tomorrow I'm going to try putting some gasket sealant between the gaskets that sit between the carb and the inlet manifold. Make sure it's not leaking through there.

It's running very similar to when i took it off the road, it was one if the reasons I took it off but at the time wasn't too worried cause the car worked.

Tomorrow I'm going to try putting some gasket sealant between the gaskets that sit between the carb and the inlet manifold.

Ive never used any sealant on there before. You shouldn't really need it.

Yeah there the ones Danny, aldi did them about a year ago. Loads cheaper and not Clarke but the same thing. Gonna keep my eyes pealed for more.

If you spy some cheap let me know. I guess they will be knackered though if you park a car on them?

Edit: Oh lots on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/interlocking-garage-floor-tiles

On another note im in the process of removing the dip-dim system from my mini. I never realised what it was supposed to do but it turns out its never worked anyway. The time consuming bit of it all is removing the horrible tape from the loom. Once done im going to wrap the loom in spiral wrap as i hate it being taped.

well, I cleared my garage out yesterday, so I've actually seen the Mini for the first time in 18 months.

Its a start!

need to order a brake pipe, anda few nuts n bolts, then we should be back in business!

Think you'll be making it to Retro Rides Gathering in the beast then? I can try and get you a club-stand spot if you are, as the decent spots are fairly limited if you're not in a club. Also weekend tickets are now sold out, but I may be able to get you one, peoples girlfriend's/wife's/kids often drop out late on, I was offered/heard of a few last year.

Edited by RobinJI

Well I think I've got it running a lot smoother. The brake servo feed on the inlet manifold must have been leaking air. I sealed it up better and it runs mint now. I'm borrowing a mates colourtune kit tomorrow to try get the mixture bang on.

Might try for an not tomorrow :)

I rebled the clutch today after fixing a leak. Used a colourtune kit. Fixed the choke.

Had a bit of a play up and down the drive and it was awesome to be behind the wheel again :)

Going to get insured tomorrow hopefully (got a crazy cheap quote) and hopefully test it by the end of the week.

• Like 1

Brake pipe ordered! Hopefully finishing work a bit early tomorrow so I can get to the nut n bolt shop and get the nuts and bolts I'm missing from the front suspension.

Does anyone know what size the bushes are in Mini spec Gaz coilovers? Mine are all a bit shot to be honest, so worth replacing whilst it's all apart.

if anyone has a set of metro 4 pots and fancies a set of Fiesta brakes then let me know! I'm looking to upsize again :)