Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Booth

Mini's On The Trials Forum

448 posts in this topic

I'm hoping to see as near to 100bhp / 100lbs/ft as possible. While it's all apart I may go down the route of NODIZ too, get rid of the crappy electronic dizzy but we shall see what the bank manager says

"For the love of cars" Channel 4 now mini people.

There was another program on quest with Brian Johnson last week which was good too.

I missed that quest thing, but stuff on there is repeated non stop. Enjoyed that for the love of cars but still don't know why they kept the dunlops! A set of cooper steelies would've looked great.

2014?! Shameful.

Anyone have any updates?

Half a gallon of oil fell off a shelf in the garage yesterday and dented the rear quarter on mine :(

I kept seeing mine parked up outside a Toyota garage. Haven't seen it for a while :(

I thought that the other week, wondered if it ever got finished?

Last i heard it was in storage. But there was all sorts of shit storms kicking off at Tuppers garage (which i think is where it was?)

I'm currently replacing the headlight loom on mine. Should be going for MOT within the next 2 weeks.

Dusted mine off today and got to work, entire old loom removed as it was butchered and rough, to be replaced with my own loom. Tank out the boot ready to tidy up and repaint. Really enjoyed working on her again, it's been far too long!

1 person likes this

Got a list of needed stuff for the mini I'll be organising tonight hopefully, dropping my new subby off at the blasters this week too.

This is how it stands...

IMAG0400_zpsl8klbu5c.jpg

IMAG0421_zpsxvwlqwn0.jpg

Poor thing :(

I think I discovered this from this thread but the lastest 4WD Mini video has been uploaded:

Poor thing :(
Still looks good dude. Do you plan on getting it on the road this summer? Is the motor all ok?
1 person likes this

I'm gunning for 2016, I want an MOT on it and that'll happen when it's ready, but I'm not holding my hopes out for this year. There's not much to do in the grand scheme, but I just don't have the spare time :(.

Motor was sound other than a bit smokey and needs a clutch. I have the clutch and it'll be getting new valve guides soon so that should cure those. Getting intercooled this time around too which I'm looking forward to doing. I've got a good condition Laguna I/C to stick on somewhere which should look good, I'm going for a super stealthy install, loadsa blmc green and satin black in the bay so it looks as O.E as a turbo setup can..

2016? What on earth are your plans for it?

I'm not married so I still have to earn my garage time :P I've been in the dog house recently do not much time for minis and stuff. Plus it's just a money thing too. How's yours running bud?

Just been out in mine and given it a wash. My dad took it out on a run while I was on my honeymoon and one of the back shocks is now knackered. It was clanging and banging like mad over bumps when I went out tonight. That's twice its eaten a gaz damper on the rear tank side. Luckily I have a spare to put on. Any suggestion why one corner might be killing them? Try arranging a wedding :-p that takes away a year plus of your free time ;-)

On Monday, August 12, 2013, Danny said:

What happened to his sprint? that thing was immaculate.

Edit: Owch

DSCF5150.jpg

DSCF5148.jpg

Thread: http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/topic/262609-crash-on-the-strip-at-mitp/page-3

Guys a wizzard

mini.jpg.2d5562f6d27ba200176a43e9da65bfe

And one of my latest back in august, engine in and just being finished off now. 

564dd522279c9_Mymini.thumb.jpg.5d55af810

Edited by Radfax

Pics of it finished?

Did anyone else watch that shit on Quest with the salvage hunters buying cars? Etc did they do to that mini?!

Not seen it yet but heard it was butchered.

Mk3 onwards reshell, they ruined it by painting it grey should've left it beige. I know the garage that did the bodywork though and they're really good so hopefully it's a lasting repair.

I saw some pics of it at bingley hall and the front panel had some rust on it. They wanted 11k for it. 

Niiiiiice. In the end they 'sold' it to Huddersfield mini spares for 10/11k I can't remember now. Definitely wasn't worth the money.