Mini's On The Trials Forum

Tom Booth

I've seen them reverse rims before and i want very much, but don't think i could justify spending that much getting them banded after the original purchase price. I do like the standard reverse rims quite a lot as they are, thanks for the advise on the tyres, think i'll settle for the a008s then :) Well to be honest if something comes up second hand they will get priority :P

I am absolutely livid atm, my blood is boiling, i was about 1/2 a mile from home, i came round a corner at perfectly acceptable speed. Someone on my side of the road was wanting to turn right out of their drive to go in the opposite direction to what i was going. They saw me coming and tried to make it but i hit them and smashed the front end. Worse thing was he got out and was making out it was my fault. He was a total c*nt (excuse my french), i'd have been perfectly happy if he had accepted it and said it was his fault but he didn't and said it was my fault. There was a pause after it happened while i had my head on my hands from sheer frustration and he was obviously chatting to his wife saying here is what we shall say. Then worst still she went in their house and pulled their son out and said he saw it too when he obviously didn't.

Grrrr so angry.

4d5c8832.jpg

8ad4f6bb.jpg

4d212ea9.jpg

I doubt it, there.pretty beefy things. More likely to have damaged the tie rod an smaller bits. If it has thou subbys are a nice easy job, gives you chance to get a lick of paint on it all to! If you had a second subframe lined up you could do the swap in s weekend very easily.

Yeh I hope so, I've got beefy tie bars on though. It's popped my tyre too so that could har something to do with it.

I'm a bit stuck for what to do with it really. I've got exams in a few weeks so gunna be busy but without it I don't know how I'm gunna get there or get to work. I'm considering once I've rang up and claimed today stripping it down asap and fitting a flip front or fixed carbon fibre front. Think it would be cheaper than a steel front too. Any opinions?

Well I don't care about it being a flip front. I meant to say a fibreglass or carbon fibre front. I'd probably fit bonnet pins so i can just whip the bonnet off and fix the front down if i was to go down that route. It just seems like a much cheaper option rather than panels. I'm not sure though either way yet, depends how much i eventually get payed out. They are coming to pick it up tomorrow to have a look, guy on the phone said it would most likely come off that he was liable for the accident and I am getting a courtesy car tomorrow which i didn't expect so that is a nice relief :)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the accident, that really sucks, and it's a shame that they couldn't just be honest about it.

Check very carefully that the shell's not bent, it's easy to miss small displacements until it's too late and it's all repaired but one side of the car's shorter than the other. Mini's do love to bend their bulkheads, as the other guys have said, the subframes are pretty tough, but that means they tend to bend what they're bolted to when they're hit.

Also when they come to pick the car up make it very clear to them that it will be getting repaired not scrapped, I've heard a fair few horror stories of parts going missing and cars being abused when the storage/repair companies are assuming it's going to be scrapped.

Yeh I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't muppets. It's been playing on my mind a lot cause it has shook me up and my mini is my pride and joy but i've been thinking that they don't really have a leg to stand on and that they are just clutching at straws. Also the guy i spoke to on the phone says it doesn't matter that there was three of them that saw it cause none of them were independent witnesses.

I've not had a very in depth look today but the scuttle and a panel seem to be ok. There is no obvious damage to the subframe. The inner wing, bonnet, front panel, front wing have all had it and the obvious attachments. Doors both seem to shut ok same as before. I'll have a look at the subframe mounts on the bulkhead and see if i can find anything at all and have a good luck round tomorrow.

With them picking it up i totally understand what you mean, I will be adamant to know every single detail of what it going on. I'm going to take lots of pictures of exactly how it is too before they take it.

Go for it Tom it's all yours :P

This afternoon I have really started to suffer with pain in my neck, I can't turn my head one way and can't lift one of my arms above my head. :( Going to get that looked at tomorrow.

well looks like you did the right thing in taking pictures. but if you didnt next time make sure you take pictures of your car and the other car and how they both lie in the road as well as the drive and other people in the car. it'll all help in fighting your case. you get that in every case usually especially with people young they come out all guns blazing trying to scare you into taking the blame. just give them shit back and make sure you dont back down. if you was on your side of the road then you should be in with a chance of winninng the case.

531373_3739270560970_1252347741_3588906_284655614_n.jpg

Nice big box of carpet - finishing off the interior - need to do a lot more wiring first though, just wrapping and test fitting a few parts.

412056_3739296041607_1252347741_3588915_1604509049_o.jpg

472450_3739332282513_1252347741_3588916_952095834_o.jpg

467220_3739439605196_1252347741_3588919_981541514_o.jpg

398324_3739483806301_1252347741_3588920_1203948233_n.jpg

414358_3739523127284_1252347741_3588921_1548921130_o.jpg

Then used offcuts to cover the lower portion of the pillars - neaten it up a bit...

475717_3739569968455_1252347741_3588922_1042499367_o.jpg

463975_3664555613143_1252347741_3554091_1041472822_o.jpg