Mini's On The Trials Forum

Tom Booth

Looking good dunc, you can do mine next if you want :lol:

Where'd you work dude?

I work in a car body shop, it's about 70/30 classic or interesting cars/normal cars. Great working here!

Some of the other work I have done there...

b62bde93.jpg

bb5089a6.jpg

4cc0583b.jpg

There's an absolutely gorgeous series 1 landy there at the moment that my boss owns, i'll try get some pics tomorrow.

EDIT: the black chevvy in the first two pics is the misery mobile i am driving around in atm. (N)

Edited by Duncy H

Nice one, looks great!

Sometimes I do abit of work for my dad (runs a auto factors supplying refinishing supplies) an we supply a number of similar bodyshops, brilliant going round an seeing what's being restored.

Yeh it's awesome working there! There's always some real beauties or interesting cars in.

I've splashed out this morning and ordered some genuine hi los and red dot cones. Looking forward to seeing what they are like :D

Fetched a new subframe this morning, time to order up new hi-los, cones, tie bars an bottom arms. Rebuild the top arms an jobs a good'en. Going on holiday tomorow so I won't get to work on the mini :(.

Hopefully drop the subby off at the blasters tomorrow before I go so it'll get blasted while I'm gone!

Welded a new a panel on today, put a bit of filler here and there and seam sealed it. Gunna prime and bake it tomorrow then flat and paint it :D

2a24befc.jpg

Nice shiny bits to improve the ride. My boss has both unf and metric cone tools at home so don't have to fork out for one of them either :)

Dsn billet bits are gorgeous, if i could i would smother my mini in their bits they make.

Big step forward today :)

45a0a469.jpg

Bolting bits back on will commence tomorrow! Will be nice to have it back for bank holiday weekend hopefully :D

• Like 1

Dsn billet bits are gorgeous, if i could i would smother my mini in their bits they make.

I have 3 bits now i wish i could afford them all haha.

That was a fast turn around with the mini. Whats the progress with the insurance?

I've not really heard anything, they just authorized the payment for the repair and didn't say anything about who's at fault or that i'd have to pay anything. Gunna ring up and find out soon cause got to make mi whiplash claim.

Looks very smart that does.

Got some more done today...

0e356ea4.jpg

Wants polishing, headlights rewiring cause that's a mess and few bits and pieces bolting back on. Can't wait :) but bank holiday means not gunna be done for a few more days :(

Didn't need a subframe......yet. Well i drove it around the industrial estate and the dodgey tracking made me think something might be bent but fingers crossed it is just tracking and nothing like the subframe. Would be a right ball ache to do that after getting this close.

It's not just minis that are expensive, classic car prices have sky rocketed in recent years. Unfortunately though people think that their mini city or mayfair is worth a lot when all they have done is put some shiny wheels on cause that's what minis go for. Well they don't they majority don't sell or the ones that do are at the right price for their model/year/condition. If you hold out and have patience the right mini will pop up.