Mini's On The Trials Forum

Tom Booth

Hey guys bit of a long shot I know but I'm looking for a first car at the moment and a Mini has become my desired first car. (What better car to do the job, right?) Problem is I don't have much cash to splash, so I was wondering if any of you guys have / know of any Minis that are under a litre (1000, 998, 970,848 anything! I don't care so long as it's a base) that I could pick up for around £1k or under? I am, of course, willing to do some work to get it right: anything electrical (dad's a car-computer builder who's re-wired many Mini's and bikes), I am prepared to do a little body work but really not too much as I don't want the hassle of re-painting and would like a fairly solid shell that would be easy to get an MOT on, would be fairly comfortable with doing a little work under the bonnet so long as I am made aware of what work needs doing, and I would be more than comfortable with interior work. I would also take on un-finished projects so long as the parts are all there and the shell and subframes are in a solid state with a fairly good motor. Sorry for the long and uninteresting post but I have run out of leads on the internet, if you know of any good websites (been using Pistonheads, the usual classic car ones, Gumtree and Ebay) please share as well.

Dave

in un-related news, this:

c3fc6c19.jpg

Is damn spunky! :bow:

Yeh I'd opt for aoo8s but I bought then from someone over on tmf so didn't have much say in it.

Try signing up to the mini forum. It does seem to occasionally throw up a mini at the right price. You'll have to have patience for something to come up and probably be willing to travel for the right mini.

Yeah, although I haven't used them there's no denying 32r's are the dogs, but the wear rate puts me off them. A008s always coped fairly well with the torque on mine too which was good. Getting a few bits an bobs done on the mini soon, once the rain stops!

10's look good. Should look lovely on them.

I'm picking up an ex-Miglia race car on Thursday to do some work to, which should be an interesting little project. Unfortunately I'm doing it for a customer, not buying it! I'll have to see if he minds me getting a few pictures of it.

.....I'm picking up an ex-Miglia race car on Thursday to do some work to, which should be an interesting little project. Unfortunately I'm doing it for a customer, not buying it! I'll have to see if he minds me getting a few pictures of it.

Picked up:

DSC_0161.jpg

New floor, sills, a-panels, rear quarter and arch repairs, exhaust tunnel mods for clearance, welding in seat mounts to MSA spec, fitting fiberglass doors, re-fitting the carbon-kevlar flip front, fitting a flat fiberglass boot floor and replacing the Perspex windows. I think that's it :P haha.

Edit, forgot I'm converting it back to mk1 rear lights too, as it's been converted to mk3 lights for some reason. (It's a suffix B plate, so a '62 mk1.)

Edited by RobinJI

Anyone on here interested in a set of 10" Wellers? 2 are 10x5, 2 are 10x6. Yokohamas on the 6s, and Falkens on the 5s. Both have around 4mm tread, slight camber wear on the Yokohamas.

Want rid of them now, taking up space in the garage.

Also have 2 doors, which are good condition! Starting to show signs of rust a tiny bit on the bottom of one of them, not bad at all though.

I'll get pictures for anyone who's interested! Offer me.

Want more then that robin! Love migs.

Can my misses be allowed in here now? She just bought a kind of mini..

Went out in it last weekend on a test drive an it's stunning, 2008 mini one, 1.4 with the 'salt' pack. Drives fantastic, comfy, quiet an is incredibly smooth. Shits all over the fiat 500 we went in the day before. I'll grab some pictures when she picks it up this weekend.

sorry to burst in here like this esspecially when its BMW related.

any of you fine gents knwo the thickness/height of the front bumpstops on minis?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Mini-Polyflex-Bump-Stop-Kit-Orange-pair-rover-austin-mpi-inj-1275-poly-/180901328607?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a1e8f36df

i found these on ebay and want to use them in the rear of my e36. but have no idea how tall they are.

cheeeers.

• 2 weeks later...

Prawn etc who is your mini insured with?

I'm wanting to insure mine as a second car.

Footman James won't insure it because it's more than a 10% power increase.

Adrian flux want £460 which I don't think is too bad.

I've not tried Hic yet who my main cars currently with. I dunno if they do some multicar deal.