The Photography Thread

mr ailsbury

They're cool man! With regards to what you were saying about composition though, try and think about little details. In the first one for example, the section of rock bottom middle being slightly cut off annoys my eye. Pan down slightly and give it a tiny bit of room to breathe at the bottom.

Gottwood Festival...... Review and more flicks here.

20120622-Gottwood-07.jpg

20120624-Gottwood-33.jpg

20120622-Gottwood-09.jpg

20120622-Gottwood-10.jpg

20120622-Gottwood-11.jpg

20120622-Gottwood-15.jpg

20120624-Gottwood-26.jpg

20120624-Gottwood-27.jpg

Some other random bits....

522283_463592333655487_1720513108_n.jpg

292192_10151153166243219_236391924_n.jpg

545823_463353007012753_408672402_n.jpg

Edited by Max Quinn

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few from a recent outing to Pyestock.

7480592404_e402fac737_b.jpg

No freaking way. I've just been on an urbex site tonight and seen this ! I never go on them websites and just came across it and thought the writing on the dusty white units was a sick touch. Small world.

• 2 weeks later...

decided that id like to get into photography a little. ive tried doing a little bit of research and fancy getting a dslar camera, i don't see point in getting a point and shoot camera to play with just to go and then buy another camera later on, id prefer to jump in feet first, do people think that's the right idea getting a dslr? id only be looking to spend around £300 to start with and just get a jist of what im doing and how things work, so might look for a 2nd hand camera if there's no decent deals going on new ones. And then i can always look into buying different lens later on if I get into it.

ill probably end up taking a lot of pictures of cars and motor trials and if i do build my bike back up may be some trials.

has anyone got any recommendations on what i need to look for in a camera and what camera I should get?

I would avoid Photobox, on personal experience. I uploaded uncompressed jpegs, but the prints were clearly made from compressed ones, and were useless. At some point in the process they squashed the file size down.

You could try looking for a local shop that does mail order? How good does the quality have to be?

Where do people recomend for large prints preferably online.

DS Colour. Nowhere else comes close.

Edit: Direct link to large format printing: http://dscolourlabsupload.livelinkprint.com/about/poster.choice

They also have colour profiles matching their printers/paper for download so you can get colour exactly right.

Edited by Mike Deere

Cheeky post - any one interested in a Canon 50D + EF-S 18-200mm IS kit lens?

I was thinking £600 ono (including postage) going by recent eBay listings.

Great condition with 10,275 on the shutter count, should be good for at least 100k shutters.

I'll be putting it on eBay this coming week.

If anyone was wondering, selling after upgrading to a 7D for some HD video goodness!

Edited by AndrewEH1