The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

Well 3 year old 125... They'll see £2k at the most I'd have thought, so take out of that price a service, their profit margin, advertising costs, all that shit, sounds legit?

^ This. A dealer is out to make money. Simple.

Best way is to sell it privately. Some tit will pay more than what its worth. They guy who bought my bike had a quick glance, asked if it started then said he'd take it as soon as I'd started it.

They go 2nd hand in worse nick than mine for £2500 easy. It's only on for £1900 so whoever gets it has got a bargain. That and the fact everything people do to them like exhaust system and tail tidy have been done

Edited by Si-man

Sacked off the idea of a 450 supermoto as the price of a rebuild is abit too much for me to be able to afford on the wage im on since I do hardly any hours at the moment. Buuuut, I got myself a tidy little bandit 600 to play with :P Getting it monday, should be good. Only 20k miles too so not bad.

Sacked off the idea of a 450 supermoto as the price of a rebuild is abit too much for me to be able to afford on the wage im on since I do hardly any hours at the moment. Buuuut, I got myself a tidy little bandit 600 to play with :P Getting it monday, should be good. Only 20k miles too so not bad.

Bash some photos up when you can mate. Love Bandits, look proper aggressive.

The suspension on the 600 is shite, soft and wallowy :(

Sorted with a replacement set of springs and rear shock though, motor is good but you need to keep it ticking to get anywhere. Coming from a 125 is will be largely mental :D

Half the cubic capacity of the 1200, yet very similar weight, crapper brakes and suspension. The 600 motor needs to be pushed to get any go out of it, the 1200 just torques its way through anything :)

Lol, yeh that. Basically my Dad has a red 1200, and his mate had a go and was up for buying one, next time we saw him he had a 6. From then on we bullied him so much about where the other half of his bike had gone that he sold it and got an SV650. This was slightly more acceptable.

I desperately want a decent bike at the moment but I'm lacking the £2k or so I need to buy one. :( My Dad offered me his 12 for that. If I had it, I'd bite his arm off for it.

Mostly just the 600 bandit, its basically an identical bike to the 1200 but without the huge lazy grunt of the motor :)

Don't get me wrong, they're quick but torque is much more fun than peak power, this is perhaps why I stopped riding my 600 bandit after I got a supermoto.

I know of a 600 hornet going cheap, pretty high miles (50k I think) but super reliable, just needs a bit of tlc to get back on road :)

Cheers man but the wrong bike for me and I want something requiring no work at all. I want my Dad's Bandit because he owned it from new and it's the exact one I'd buy. The K2 in red, unfaired with 14k on the clock, and it's been owned by a man who likes after his bikes better than I do. Once uni is done I'll be all over that shit. :) He dropped it once though but it's fine.

Will be keeping the 6 for abit to get used to riding a bike that weighs a planet then going to trade up for the 1200. Could have gone 1200 first but thought against that. Will be sorting the handling out on it, dont worry :P

• Like 2

Pick the bandito up tomorrow, literally going to shit myself I'm that excited! Ordered uite a few bits for it already, like oxford nano copy indicators, front/ rear wheel and frame crash bobbins, front and rear paddock stands, 280 piece stainless bolt kit for £8! and some bits to give it a service. Next up is an R6 rear shock (need to make some 10mm I.D bushings for the bottom mount for it to fit) and some progressive front springs with thicker oil.

Edited by Si-man