The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

Morning all! I've got my race report up from Mallory park where i raced in the Thundersport GB GP1 and Superstock 1000 championship. Have a look if you're interested at all, and if you fancy a day out gimme a shout and i can hook you up with tickets. (See schedule) Hoping to do the BSB round at Donington later in the year too :)

http://www.bongo177.com

541319_10150957825844942_742224941_13266162_1229931835_n.jpg

Pick the bandito up tomorrow, literally going to shit myself I'm that excited! Ordered uite a few bits for it already, like oxford nano copy indicators, front/ rear wheel and frame crash bobbins, front and rear paddock stands, 280 piece stainless bolt kit for £8! and some bits to give it a service. Next up is an R6 rear shock (need to make some 10mm I.D bushings for the bottom mount for it to fit) and some progressive front springs with thicker oil.

Still waiting to see this!

Warm air is less dense so you get a richer mixture during the summer which can result in the engine feeling fuzzy and dull. Air cooled motors are generally designed to be able to run in warm atmospheres, however the ambient temperature makes far less difference once on the move with decent airflow over the fins.

During the summer I weaken my mixture slightly to keep the motor running better (because of the high state of tune its pretty finicky about fuelling to run smoothly sometimes) but that is only a case of lowering the needle a clip and winding the idle air screw out a touch :)

Edited by forteh

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i was accepted as a wildcard rider in the British Superbikes National Superstock 1000 class at the BSB round at Oulton Park on 6th-8th May!! Excited isn't the word!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

• Like 6

Not aprticularly recent. Not since i've beenr acing this season anyway. I have a video from testing in Spain in Feb, but it was only the first time i'd ridden the bike.

Not sure how to embed??

For anyone who may be interested at all, i've put another report up from a race weekend. With a crash and a podium, it was a busy weekend, but a good one! The report before that is only the weekend before, so both pretty recent, although weather conditions couldn't have been further apart!

WWW.BONGO177.COM

Zee new bike :D Sidestand isn't on as I was in the middle of painting it

20120606_153602.jpg

Wondered why my rear brake was binding, took the caliper off and found this...

20120602_200901.jpg

Popped the pistons out and found that the dust seal slot was completely full of road salt, as was a section of the pressure seal. Rebuilt it now with fresh seals and red rubber grease, nice free spinning wheel :)

20120608_153717.jpg

• Like 1

In the market for a new bike, Got my heart set on a sensible supermoto type bike, So any ideas around the 2k mark? Been and viewed a few bikes including a aprilia pegaso which was rather nice :dance:, Only drawback is fitting and buying the 33bhp restriction will come about £250 :(

Look for a ccm 404 or a converted drz400e, both are good solid bikes, around the 33bhp limit and very reliable as far as motards go. The 404 has a much better chassis but may cost a bit more, restricting either shouldn't cost much :)

Any advice on carrying pillion? Had my mate on the back today and the starts and stops where by-far shaky and wobbly everything else was good though :giggle: . Stopping, I put in rear brake then when im close to stop, take the foot of brake then stop with both feet out, wrong?

Bike hunting still continues, How come when you want something nothing comes for sale :giggle: