The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

Lighter leathers? :)

My arlen ness / berik one piece is super comfortable in the summer, if anything it can get a bit cool ( being fully ventilated race leathers) unless the sun is out. Not so fun in the cold mind but I have textiles for that.

Edited by forteh

Meet my new toy. Due to the start up costs ( Bike / Helmet / Leathers / Insurance etc ), I've only taken a CBT Licence at this point. Being 33, and had a full driving licence since 18, I'm in no rush at this moment to get the full licence (Will be within a year though).

I thought if I'm going to do it, I'll do it properly. Yamaha YZF R125, brand new. Amazing bike, up to 70 no issues, amazing ride, comfy, but really helping me to learn ride a motorbike, completely difference to riding a mountain bike! Great residual value, and I think looks amazing.

As I said, I'll most likely upgrade to a full licence within a year, but for the time being, I'm having a hell of a lot of fun!

Surely, that's what riding bikes is all about :-)

Thanks

Darren

post-5292-0-20588000-1406450867_thumb.jp

You will.

I said that. "I'll just do the DAS so that it's out of the way". Ended up with a bike before I'd done my last test.

You may think you're having fun on the 125, but you'll be shocked how even a budget mid range bike will dwarf it, so much more fun to be had.

Enjoy though. (Y)

Complains about costs, buys brand new bike... That's a bit f**king mental dude. :lol:

I did 345 miles on my £600 VT500 this weekend, got my toes down on one side and my stand down on the other, was much fun.

I'm not so sure, the clicking gets faster as you accelerate. I think it's definitely wheel related somewhere.

did you ever get this sorted?

i've got the exact same issue with my bandit, i've put it down to a slightly bent front disc rotor and its causing the pad to wobble around in the caliper!

new discs and pads on payday for me but it's o.k for now, the bend in the disc isn't substantial enough to push the pistons back in the caliper.

• 2 weeks later...

Borrowed the 80's Grand Prix MCN special off my old man to read. Flicking through and find a world champion bouncing round on an old monty. Probably around 88/89 I think. Kevin Schwantz, you sir are a legend

post-29242-0-33976400-1407684029_thumb.j

Bit of advice please chaps.

When I insured my bike I put the estimated mileage at 3000 miles, but I've had it 4 months and done over 4000 miles. By the time the year is out I could have easily done 10k. If I crash or anything, will I get in trouble for it?

As far as I know they've got no idea of knowing how many miles it had done when I started the policy right?

Borrowed the 80's Grand Prix MCN special off my old man to read. Flicking through and find a world champion bouncing round on an old monty. Probably around 88/89 I think. Kevin Schwantz, you sir are a legend

image.jpg

Scott Redding posted a video on twitter of him hopping and gaping on Colin Edwards Echo pure 26".

Bit of advice please chaps.

When I insured my bike I put the estimated mileage at 3000 miles, but I've had it 4 months and done over 4000 miles. By the time the year is out I could have easily done 10k. If I crash or anything, will I get in trouble for it?

As far as I know they've got no idea of knowing how many miles it had done when I started the policy right?

Depends if you stated it when starting the policy and when your last MOT was done. These are the only 2 "time stamps" that will age your bike. I would say dependant on these you should / shouldn't inform your insurer.

I don't think you will have an issue unless you have a claim against you, they look at the mot, they look at the mileage on the bike, they void your insurance immediately.

I would phone them up and ask for an adjustment to 10k, granted the bike isn't worth huge amounts but repairing the car you just crashed into ( hypothetically speaking) will be very expensive!

Yeh true, not worth the risk really. I want to phone them anyway as I'm considering selling this bike on and getting a Revere 650 instead. They're just better in every way and my VT burns oil, which isn't ideal.

The hornet is away being tidied up, bodywork repaired and repainted, engine cleaned and repainted, new battery and throttle cables and should be good to run and get a ticket on her. Will be up for sale afterward, but obviously not as cheap as before :D

Well i decided to crack on and do my fork seals on Sunday... So with the fathers assistance we got it on the jack and set about removing the front wheel and forks, then it all went a bit tits up.... The bloody thing fell off of the jack, snapped my screen and my fairing off and scratched the shit out of the side panel. Needless to say i wasn't best pleased! Didn't even get the fork seal done after all of that due to the old one being stuck like a complete cunt! On the plus side i do have my dads zzr1200 for the week as i needed a bike to ride.

Ben

post-3205-0-16134200-1408007461_thumb.jp

post-3205-0-51617300-1408007701_thumb.jp