The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

After getting my 2011 ktm exc stolen after having it just over a month :( 1 year later treated myself to a new 2015 model ktm exc 125 six days and loving life since. Only 125cc but 44bhp and 90kgs she shifts! And the little c90 isn't mine but thought worth a post ;)

IMG_20160501_213112.jpg

IMG_20160313_221844.jpg

IMG_20151213_183010.jpg

IMG_20150906_192619.jpg

IMG_20150812_201053.jpg

IMG_20150727_171753.jpg

Six Days looks gorgeous, love those bikes. I'm in Europe for a few months and I'd love something like that. Also that sounds like good output for a 125cc, certainly not to be sniffed at. Bet that thing shifts!

Also +1 for a quieter pipe Leon - I generally don't like them tooo loud.

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Tony Harrison said:

Six Days looks gorgeous, love those bikes. I'm in Europe for a few months and I'd love something like that. Also that sounds like good output for a 125cc, certainly not to be sniffed at. Bet that thing shifts!

Also +1 for a quieter pipe Leon - I generally don't like them tooo loud.

Had it against drz 400's and beat them :) and wr 250's 

A couple of pictures of my NSR. Haven't changed much since buying it - fitted a Tyga racing style fuel cap and also a clear screen instead of the tinted one. Had to make some adjustments to the riding position, plus I swapped the gear linkage around because the previous owner had it upside down (i.e. 1 up 5 down). Went out for two short rides to get the feel of it, then went for a proper blast today - and it goes like absolute stink, and sounds incredible. As you'd expect from a bike like this it's a handful in traffic, but the powervalves help. It was all going great until, like an idiot, I ran out of fuel. A few more road rides to fully get used to it and then I'm going to book a track day at Brands.

tf-1.jpg

tf-2.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, forteh said:

I wouldn't agree with it being upside down gear change, just track configuration. Looks f**king lovely that, not enough raucous 2smokes these days:)

I didn't realise people had it that way for track - I've only ridden road Jap bikes - thanks for pointing that out. I know that some British bikes have it the other way up, plus of course the gear change on the right. Last time I rode a British bike on the road I went for the brake only to find the gear lever, and nearly stacked into a Mini!!

It's so you can change up gears whilst cranked over on a left hander, don't need to hook your toe underneath so you gain vital ground clearance.

I think all bikes are naturally 1 down the rest up, brit or jap, but typically jap gearboxes are linkage driven so very easy to switch it. My '36 Norton international is 1 down 3 or 4 up I think.

Edited by forteh

Indeed, 1936 cammy 500 single, rigid frame, girder forks - certificated flying mile at Brooklands of a little over 98mph. It was my grandads 21st and I inherited it age 11, I'm ashamed to say it still isn't on the road but I'm looking at it as a super long term project!

I'll not mention my dads Vincents or my uncles Brough superiors (note multiples :blink:).

• Like 2

That's great that is has some personal history behind it, and yes it'll surely keep as a project for the future.

It's amazing what some bikes are going for, notably the Vincents and Broughs. A friend of mine is involved with Bonhams and was showing me photos of those basket-case Broughs that were found in that shed - it's insane to think that even rusted through like that they can fetch six figures!!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I've logged into the forum thought I would add my current ride, currently on loan from a family member who has owned it from new with the plan to take it on full time as he doesn't really ride it any more. 2003 Moto Guzzi California Stone 1064cc V-twin less less then 9000 miles on it.

Coming from a bandit 600 this feels very alien to me.  The bandit is currently very unwell with fuelling issues, replaced all of the ignition system and rebuilt the carbs. But when it is hot it decides to blow fuel out of the back of the carbs into the air box, any one have any ideas? 

Ps it done this before and after rebuilding and cleaning out the carbs.

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

Edited by mr_malcolm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Dug out my NSR after about 8 months of it being stored away. Fitted Tyga carbon fibre front mudguard/rear hugger, also did some little jobs like renewing part of the fuel line which was too short (and in danger of working loose) and fitting new float bowl gaskets to the carbs. The idea this time is to have it running properly at the start of the summer rather than at the end...

nsr.jpg

• Like 3

Did my CBT last October but haven't had the time or money to do anything else yet so the other night I booked my theory test for next month. Gonna have some spare cash available after next month so I can sort out my direct access over the Summer hopefully 

Just now, isitafox said:

Did my CBT last October but haven't had the time or money to do anything else yet so the other night I booked my theory test for next month. Gonna have some spare cash available after next month so I can sort out my direct access over the Summer hopefully 

I did mine nearly 2 years ago and it was good to get through it all and finally have the licence. It p'ssed me off a bit having to jump through hoops when I could ride a bike anyway, but it's worth it. Good idea to get the theory test done, then it's one more step towards being finished.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got myself a bike worth taking pictures of. :lol:

2004 SV650 with a GSXR750 front end and rear shock, and some green paint. I bought it as a streetfighter and added clipons and rearsets because I've started doing a few track days. Also use it for commuting to work and planning on doing some touring over the summer (although might put the big bars back on for that).

17834303_1881526255206833_4761476144000217483_o.jpg

• Like 3