Si-man

The Motorbike Thread

1029 posts in this topic

20170918_163746.jpg

20170918_163755.jpg

20170918_170253.jpg

Been helping my dad rebuild his '69 BMW R60/2. I've just been doing some of the heavy manual labour, everything on it is his work. When he bought it it was rusty and dented, he's refurbished and redone every single part of this bike. Wheel rebuilds, had one of the cylinders re-machined to original spec due to extensive damage, hes constantly ordering OEM parts over from Germany, it really is a work of art and I can't wait to see it running again. It's also one of the first shaft drive I believe? 

IMG_7245.JPG

IMG_7246.JPG

Edited by Herbertlemon102
3 people like this

Bike passed the MOT. Happy days! going to get the new seat modified to fit nicely and go as far as I can with getting things ready before breaking out the angle grinder.The main issues are where the numberplate and lights etc. are going to sit and what to fill in the hole under the frame with once the stock plastic parts are removed.

On 22/09/2017 at 6:02 PM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Bike passed the MOT. Happy days! going to get the new seat modified to fit nicely and go as far as I can with getting things ready before breaking out the angle grinder.The main issues are where the numberplate and lights etc. are going to sit and what to fill in the hole under the frame with once the stock plastic parts are removed.

Make a bracket to hold the plate/lights behind the rear axle (legal position) for further MOTs and one that mounts it below the tail of the chopped seat unit for normal use.  If you get tugged for it then perhaps look at something different; I think as long as the plate is fully readable, and no lights are obscured you should get away with it.

Fill in the hole with a sheet of aluminium zip tied on :D

1 person likes this