Uci Trial World Cup Round 1, Aalter (Belgium)

The first round of the UCI World Cup kicked off today in Aalter (Belgium) with the 20" and 26" Quarter Finals.

There will be two British riders in the 26" Semi-Finals, with Andrei Burton finishing in 3rd place on 11 points and Jack Carthy qualifying in first place with an incredible score of just 1 point! Dave Kerr finished in 19th place, just missing out on a Semi-Finals place, and Scott Wilson finished in 40th place. The full results from the 26" Quarter Finals, with details of who qualified for tomorrow's Semis are available here: Results.

Not sure when the 20" results will be published (they may already have been and I just can't find them), but I know that Vincent Hermance qualified first on 17 ahead of Felix Heller (21) and Ion Areitio (29), and that no there were no British riders riding in the Quarter Finals.

Results of the coming Semi-Final, Final and Super Final will probably be posted on the event's official Facebook page, on the Live Results page and on the World Cup website.

Kenny Belaey's also done a great job of securing media coverage of the event and you can watch the Super Finals live at 13:45 on Sunday at the following sites:

www.lifetv.be: LIVE coverage of the 26” Super Final

www.sporza.be: LIVE coverage of the 26” Super Final

www.extreme.com: 1 hour of live coverage of the 26” Super Final

I won't be able to watch it unfortunately (stupid family events!) so if anyone is able to record it somehow and post it here so people can watch it after the fact I, and I'm sure a lot of other people, would be extremely grateful!

Anyway, I'm sure you'll all join me in wiching Jack and Andrei the very best of luck for the Semi-Finals tomorrow (and hopefully the Finals and Super-Finals on Sunday!). Keep it up lads!

• Like 1

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uci.ch%2Ftemplates%2FBUILTIN-NOFRAMES%2FTemplate3%2Flayout.asp%3FMenuId%3DMTYxODc%26LangId%3D1&h=mAQGlF4yC

Jack Carthy qualified in third place for tomorrow's Final on 15 points, behind Gilles Coustellier and John Webster. 

Andrei finished in 11th on 34, unlucky.

All the best to Jack in tomorrow's Final and Super Final!

I think it was live coverage of the 26" Super Final only. Not sure though. I imagine there'll be some edits appearing over the next few weeks.

I think it was live coverage of the 26" Super Final only. Not sure though. I imagine there'll be some edits appearing over the next few weeks.

Managed to watch it. Great format for TV. Well done to the organisers. Well done Jack you rode with the class of any top rider. Tough five on first section. Need to have the 20" final live as well. Mr Burton commentry was good as well. Are you sure Jack is only 15???? Just checking . Could only get the extreme.com channel to work.