Getcreative Video Comp *results!*

1a2bcio8

I've posted in the new section but I felt this also deserved to be posted in the video section given its nature and also an awareness that people probably visit this section more than the news section (like myself).

So I'm running a video competition called GETcreative.

Details can best be read http://glasseyetrial...blogspot.co.uk/ although it would be greatly appreciated if you could visit http://www.facebook....etrialscreative and "like" if you feel as if you do like it. I can better approach more companies for sponsorship if I have evidence of interest within the community.

Anyway, there looks to be some very good prizes so I hope that a lot of people feel like giving it a go.

Ben

Edited by Ben Rowlands
  • Like 3

I still remember the days of CLS and Rowan/Boon fighting it out for best video. Plus Phil Williams etc. Was some awesome vids! I will be up for this, have some footage on its way too which is handy ;)

Need to make this Sticky!

Ben, can we make more than one entry?

Edited by STEVE-0

I'm glad to hear you're up for being involved Steve (Y)

Thanks for making me realise I missed out on stating the rules regarding the amount of entries. It's limited to one I'm afraid. I feel that doing so is more likely to produce a higher calibre of video rather than spreading the effort across more than one video, so to speak. If enough people feel otherwise I might reconsider however.

Thanks for the encouraging words and, in particular, thank you for asking questions about the nature of the comp. I'll be honest and say that the questions you're asking I hadn't thought about. These questions then help me formulate what the rules should be. The next couple of weeks will be a period of solidifying a set of rules beyond the general ones I've already stated.

Regarding video length I will tentatively say that a video should be no more than about 15 mins in length and no less than 3 mins. I will give this some more thought though and please feel free to voice how you feel about the limits I've just suggested.

I see no reason for setting a limit on how many riders you have in a video. Have one person or have ten. Whatever you feel will either help you enjoy the process or closer achieve how the video will be judged (the criteria). However, you will not be able to mix sponsored riders and non-sponsored riders within a video as these two types of rider are obviously assigned to two different categories.

Again, please feel free to ask any and all questions and voice your opinions; criticism is very much welcomed. It's important that the comp is structured in such a way that it makes sense, and is enjoyable, to the majority :)

I originally typed 8 mins actually. Then I thought about the various Clean videos that are approaching that length and which are of a high calibre in all senses.

I agree though that a shorter video with a higher quality, rather than something watered down, would be judged as better. If you chose to produce a longer video you would have to maintain the same standard that was easier to achieve in a 3 min video.

I suppose, given peoples general inability to concentrate for longer periods, a longer video may not sit well in the viewership.

Anybody else have something to contribute around this idea?

Plus it's basically up to the editor to decide how long they feel their video should be. If you've got enough footage to do a good, longer video (or if you've got more of a story-based video or something like that) then there's nothing stopping you doing that. Part of the whole process is making your video the 'right' length, so it doesn't seem to me like there really needs to be a divide...

• Like 1

I think it would be simple an easy for everyone to make 2 to 5 min in length and restrict it to be a video of one rider only. It's difficult to evaluate a 8 min video with a lot peoples bangers and evaluate and a 3 min solo edit. It's kind of disadvantage for people that ride alone. A roadtrip is always different from a promo. I think maybe It would be better to specify more the video rules to guide us better and to avoid misunderstandings. Maybe restricting it would give it less creativeness but I think It would a more solid video comp.

Since the idea is to get the creative juices flowing and get some decent quality videos out, I think that putting too many restrictions on is a bad move. If people feel they can keep a 10 minute video entertaining and well-produced then they should go for it, they just need to make sure that they are putting out something as good as or better than what they could have done with a 3 minute vid.

I'm with Wastelake on this for sure.

• Like 1

Since the idea is to get the creative juices flowing and get some decent quality videos out, I think that putting too many restrictions on is a bad move.

I was coming in to type something similar. This is a great idea Ben, and kudos for doing it (Y)

I reckon the more free you can be with the rules, the better. If someone wants to GETcreative with the fact you haven't mentioned biketrials anywhere then that'll just add to the fun (although my plan to chuck out a cameltrials street edit definitely shouldn't win...)

If multiple rider videos are allowed, would that mean people could use multiple bikes and multiple terrain? I had thought myself making a video would be me on a trials bike on street. Though if it were a trials bike on transition, this would surely be similar to what others would want to achieve in terms of rules. Personally i'm not fussed, but if the option is there for me to ride tranny i will take it...

The talking is necessary so people know what guidelines said videos should adhere to

Talking about it is also likely to bring more attention/ widen the audience/ increase participants which is always a good thing

My Bad :$ I just want to watch the awesome videos and i am sure the videos will speak for themselves

Edited by Manual