Getcreative Video Comp *results!*

1a2bcio8

There seems to be then a general consensus about time limits. I'm inclined to agree about leaving the decision with whomever is making a video.

If multiple rider videos are allowed, would that mean people could use multiple bikes and multiple terrain? I had thought myself making a video would be me on a trials bike on street. Though if it were a trials bike on transition, this would surely be similar to what others would want to achieve in terms of rules. Personally i'm not fussed, but if the option is there for me to ride tranny i will take it...

This is a bit more difficult. I guess it it adds to the experience then that's a good thing. I think that any bike beyond a trials bike should be disallowed though or at least, you will have an advantage when being judged if you are on a trials bike of some sort. I realise this is a grey area though and the definitions of trials and what constitutes trials riding are something that is debated at the moment. I think the best point is that, say for instance in your case, the more you blend traditional trials moves with bmx moves, in original ways, the better placed you will be to do well. Does that make sense?

waaaaaaaaaa i dont have a camera :(

You don't have one of the more recent iphone's do you Ash? They seem to achieve a pretty good film quality. Although the camera does't have to be amazing; it just has to be use thoughtfully.

This is a bit more difficult. I guess it it adds to the experience then that's a good thing. I think that any bike beyond a trials bike should be disallowed though or at least, you will have an advantage when being judged if you are on a trials bike of some sort. I realise this is a grey area though and the definitions of trials and what constitutes trials riding are something that is debated at the moment. I think the best point is that, say for instance in your case, the more you blend traditional trials moves with bmx moves, in original ways, the better placed you will be to do well. Does that make sense?

how about, trials bikes dont have seats... so if you make a video and we see a seat you are disqualified?

You don't have one of the more recent iphone's do you Ash? They seem to achieve a pretty good film quality. Although the camera does't have to be amazing; it just has to be use thoughtfully.

ill try and borrow a camera haha

• Like 1

:giggle:

Only you. Get out a make a video.

More videos less talking please :wink:

Be great to see you with another video.

I was just picking cause everyone else was. So all tricks followed by a side hop are cool :P

• Like 1

I just want to add that I've not received many emails regarding confirmation of involvement in comparison to how many people have shown an interest. Perhaps people aren't up for reading the blog :P

Please email me at glasseyetrialscreative@gmail.com to confirm your involvement and include: name, age and location in the world. At present this isn't mandatory but I'm thinking about making it so because it will really help with the development of the comp including further sponsorship that is more likely with evidence of large participation.

if this is a low standard of my riding what catogary should i enter and where do i enter , can people not bich at me for the intro , only did it for a intro .... ! and will put my helmet on next time !

The video isn't directly aimed at bike skill. It's also other things, filming, thoughtfulness etc. See blog for details.

You have until the 31st of August. Lots of time :)

2013 yeah? Cause 2012 is like only 10 weeks away :P

• Like 1

Rules, Prize and Entrant update on the blog

Entrants must now contact me at glasseyetrialscreative@gmail.com with specific details (see blog) if they wish to participate within the competition. There is a closing date.

Next week there should be an update with advice on how to approach the filming/editing side of the competition. Also the details of Inspired prizes will hopefully be listed.

Emailed you saying I'd make a video but have managed to break my collar bone so wont be making one now... Gutted! it was going to be my focus all summer, now out riding for a couple months, ohwell

Sorry to hear that. There's always the possibility of getting involved with somebody else's riding in terms of filming/editing?

Sorry to hear that. There's always the possibility of getting involved with somebody else's riding in terms of filming/editing?

I'm the only trials rider round where I live, would have been nice though, mind was filling with lines to push myself and just spent money fixing bike for it! Good luck with competition and all others entrants though! Will there be a place possibly your blog with a link to all entrants videos? Would be good!

I'm the only trials rider round where I live, would have been nice though, mind was filling with lines to push myself and just spent money fixing bike for it! Good luck with competition and all others entrants though! Will there be a place possibly your blog with a link to all entrants videos? Would be good!

That's the plan. If everything can be kept really central I think that would be the best idea in terms of seeing and being seen, so to speak.