New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

thorpey

[[ old thread split and continued from here: ]]

I'm Rich, had a trials bike for a few years but I got impatient as I couldn't do everything first time so it's been sat in my garage for a while. Decided the time has come to actually try harder & stick at it this time. Looking forward to seeing what's around the forum & peoples bikes & rides etc etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings to u all in the world of trial riding. The name's Jimmy and started to ride trials again after stopping in 88 and crossed over to flatland. Now that gives you some idea of my age :-). I reside in the London area and built myself two custom mods (Echo Lite & Zoo Lynx: at which i'm selling in order to try 24/26") and ride when i get the chance from a busy work schedule. Enjoying every moment of it and I ride at home and at Finsbury Park at times. Hope to catchup with other riders and learn a thing or two to hone some skills in the trials dept. It was suggested i advertise my bike on trial forum so this is my first post and will advertise the Zoo Lynx in the appropiate section. Also both bikes are unique in a sense that i have done some sensible and interesting mod to them. So in the meantime, take it easy and happy trialing.

post-31492-0-55549600-1338851567_thumb.j

post-31492-0-57934600-1338851572_thumb.j

post-31492-0-44194300-1338851577_thumb.j

post-31492-0-01180100-1338852448_thumb.j

post-31492-0-17008200-1338852496_thumb.j

• Like 1

Greetings to u all in the world of trial riding. The name's Jimmy and started to ride trials again after stopping in 88 and crossed over to flatland. Now that gives you some idea of my age :-). I reside in the London area and built myself two custom mods (Echo Lite & Zoo Lynx: at which i'm selling in order to try 24/26") and ride when i get the chance from a busy work schedule. Enjoying every moment of it and I ride at home and at Finsbury Park at times. Hope to catchup with other riders and learn a thing or two to hone some skills in the trials dept. It was suggested i advertise my bike on trial forum so this is my first post and will advertise the Zoo Lynx in the appropiate section. Also both bikes are unique in a sense that i have done some sensible and interesting mod to them. So in the meantime, take it easy and happy trialing.

Hey Jimmy welcome to the forum. 1988 eh? I don't think most of the members here were born by then :P Would be pretty interesting to hear what trials was like in 88 compared to now if you ever have a few minutes spare to write down some memories!

Those look like some nice bikes, sure you won't have much problem selling them here :)

Hi, I'm Matthew (Matt) and I live near Edinburgh. I currently don't have a bike but really want to get into trials biking, I have been practising basics like trackstands on my mountainbike. I am nearly 18 years old and am hoping to get a trials bike for my birthday. Cant wait to get started properly!

Matt

hey peeps, im new to the site, joined here as i fancy starting off trials biking

seen a lad in manchester-oxford road called bedeabc, told me about this site!

ive never done it before, but always wondered where to start

i live in manchester and im 22, 6ft 4

wondering if theres any other guys on here from manchester area?

pm me please, i need all the info i can get about what bike to buy etc etc

cheers

jay

Hi there everybody peeps... Got myself an Onza SKA today. Never riden trials before... appart from a quick go on a GasGas a few years ago. Been on YouTube all pm getting myself some inspiration. Now I can't wait until the morning. Going to spend the day working on my balance... I'll post how I get on. Today's effort was less than impressive. Wish me luck. TTFN

these are very nice Hi I'm Andres quite new to the site not so much to riding I've decided to build my own custom mod, a 24" with an inspired frame just wondering if there's any bits and peices you'd recomend on adding to it

these are very nice Hi I'm Andres quite new to the site not so much to riding I've decided to build my own custom mod, a 24" with an inspired frame just wondering if there's any bits and peices you'd recomend on adding to it

Hey Andres, welcome to the forum.

You're probably best off posting your question in "Trials Chat" - you'll get more answers there :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yo im Kev from Peterborough 31y old and been riding trials for too long lol

Here is my trials vid from 1999

thats a younger me @15 seconds lol

My 28lb pashley is getting abit too heavie for me now so a new rig would be nice :)

Hey Up

I'm Alex and I'm 18 from Halifax in West Yorkshire and I'm currently learning trials after swapping over from a brief spell in BMX after a slightly longer spell on xc bikes. I can do the basics, wheelies, manuals, bunny hops and endos etc, but currently stuck on the back hop, which is a bugger to get right!

I ride an orange zero (sometimes with suspension, sometimes rigid - depends on my wrists and shoulders) and I run it geared as well, so I can ride to work, tool around on it there and ride back again.

Look forward to contributing here:)

Cheers

Alex

7493612100_5dc25c7c20_c.jpg

Welcome!

Never ridden Halifax and i've often overlooked the thought of doing so, might have a wander over soon as its only down the road.

Not much here tbf, I live in bolton for half the year for uni, and its so much better over there. If you do meander across let me know and I'll have a spin down :)

Cheers

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

I should probably put this request for advise in another forum location... whoops.

Hi all, I am also interested in trials riding. I bought a bike last night then learned that it wasn't in stock! I had already paid for it. This puts me in a better position as it has bought me the time to more sensibly approach my purchase. I am figuring on buying a 20" as a first trials bike. Never did BMX, grew up on road bikes then mountain bikes, not competitively. I have a long torso & wonder if anyone might have thoughts as to frame geometry in a trials bike for someone of my build. Also I'm 5' 7". Here are three options presented to me by the guy that I expect to buy my bike from:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIONIC-B5R-6 black frame:

Frame B5R-6 3 monther warranty

Fork: ZHI-R 1 year warranty

Headset VP

Stem FACTORY 5months warranty

Handlebar ZHI 6061 no logo

BB VP

Freewheel ACS-16T

Bashpl BIONIC

Crank BIONIC

Padels VP-565

Chain KMC

Front hub ZHI-R 1 year warranty

Rear hub ZHI-R 1 year warranty

Rear cog 12T 1 year warranty

Rims FACTORY

Brakes: front n rear BB5

$630 + $85 shipping

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIONIC-B5R-6 silver frame

BIONIC-B5R-6 complete bike ( BB5 disc front and rear) silver frame.

Frame B5R-6 3 months warranty

Headset VP

Stem BIONIC-L 1 year warranty

BB VP

Freewheel ACS-16T

Bashpl BIONIC-R

Crank BIONIC-R

Padels VP-565

Chain KMC

Rims BIONIC-S

$670 + $85 shipping

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZHI TEAM complete bike silver frame

Frame 2012 ZHI TEAM 3 months warranty

Headset VP

Stem FACTORY 1 year warranty

BB VP

Freewheel ACS-16T

Bashpl BIONIC - R

Crank BIONIC - R

Padels VP-565

Chain KMC

Rims FACTORY

I would respectfully ask if anyone knowledgable in trials bike componentry or geometry would care to offer advise as to which of these bikes might best suit my body type and beginner status? They look to be quite similar. Or, perhaps I might benefit from something different? I hasten to add, that I have good balance and coordination so I am in a solid position to learn. I can track stand road and mountain bike well, side hop and hop 360's. It becomes rather tedious & exhausting on a 31 lb. mountain bike; I think it's time to try my skills on something much, much lighter. I know that I'm going to love it. If I should spend a little more to drop some weight from these bikes which are said to come in at 9.8 - 10.3 KG, or if I should be considering different braking systems well I would be appreciative if someone might set me straight on it. I expect to be exploiting interesting city territory on an otherwise pastoral college campus where I have to be anyhow, as well as natural formations around ponds and lakes that I know. I want to learn to jump up off and around things.

I read a lot from this forum already and appreciate you all having shared your insights so that now I can learn from them! The guy that I am already in a deal with, is taking his time in getting back to me so it's a great time for me to dial in to what would best suit my needs.

Thanks,

Pazu

Edited by Pazu

Hi everyone,

I'm Theo, i'm from NY but i live in Freiburg, Germany now. I just turned 15 five days ago and have hardly done any trial before. I have a couple of downhill bikes on which i learned some trial basics, but couldn't get far so i now want to seriously start trial.

I like sports like parkour, snowboarding and downhill and some other less dangerous stuff like ping pong...

Hope i get some help in this forum.

c u

morning all,

im steve 28 from bedford area. I grew up riding trails in chicksands and woburn when i was 14 ish, recently got back into biking after a fare few years in cars and bikes. I picked up a monty 219 a while back but iv yet to ride it as i need some adaptors/mounts for the hs33's so thought id sign up here and ask a few questions.

Hi I'm Clarke, I am 16 years old. I live in the North West of Scotland in a small village called Lochinver. I have been riding trials for a few years and i also ride moto trials. At the moment i am riding a Zoo Lynx frame with all my custom parts built onto it to complete my bike.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi am Danny I'm 23 and iv just started trials (maybe a month or 2). At the minute I ride a 20" shogun gimp. I'm from Lincolnshire but love to travel (money pending of course) I was never really big into bikes when I was younger I was more of a skateboarder so I am easy confused which technical words.