New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

thorpey

Oh put' (in French), I discover this thread only now :lol: I introduce again myself ^_^

Hello,

I am an old rider who live in France. Sorry for my english :-D

I rode for the first time in trials in 1991 during the Roc d'Azur. I rode in 1992/93 on the french championship and I organized the first regional championship in 1994. Now I want to ride again, even if my doctor don't like that ^^

See you !

Steph

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MadManMike said:

Welcome to the forum!

Good to hear you're getting back in to riding. I do mostly MTB trail riding these days, but would like a trials bike again, just a shame I'd have no riding buddies!

Thanks ;-) Now I need a bike, but little brainstorming... 26 ou 24 ? Midskool or new brand ???

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, MadManMike said:

If I was buying a new trials bike now, I'd go for a 24" Inspired, for sure.

I am a little bit afraid by the head angle of Inspired, maybe a classic frame is better for me.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi my names craig i live in bideford area. i did trials then was 17 on a echo pure. i loved that bike but after a year people quit trials so i sold up and went back to bmx. worse mistake i ever made. did bmx on off over the years but was never great at it. now at 30 ( 31 in a month ) i picked up a onza t-pro cheap as wnted get back into trials as missed it and wud help with my legs ( medical problems ). painted the frame and got new grips for it and off went to find i was still able do alot of things. bike has had few more upgrades now so hopefully can get better. my step son tried bmx but never got on with it so got him a onza tyke which he loves and is getting on well with it so while i relearn stuff get teach him how do bits to. back garden full of pallets so can learn at home. sorry for life story lol 

DSCI0038.JPG

19106039_10212911904935034_8799412969275075600_n.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hey. I´m Stephan, 16 years old and from the super warm and sunny germany. I got addicted to bikes very early since my dad used to be a dual slalom racer. That´s why I had my first little dirt jump in my garden which I already jumped on my little kid´s bike. Also my dad took me to my first bike park when I still rode that small little bike. Since then i went through MTB, a little trials, two years of BMX riding to finally end up on a 2014 Bergamont Kiez dirt jump bike that I like to ride most of the time. But there has always been that wish for a 24" street trials bike. And after riding one about one month ago I just need to get one. So now I try to get one built up untill the next season starts. That´s all for now and hello to all forum users who read this.

So have fun riding and don´t get hurt:P

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys. Not a new member, but haven’t used the forum properly for quite some years so thought I’d say hello again. I’m Stu and I’m from Warrington. Have been mainly mountain biking over the past few years, but have built a trials bike up again and I’m hoping to get out on it quite a bit. Nobody I know still rides, so they’ll be solo rides, but I’m looking forward to getting back into it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm Mark, from the Netherlands, and started Bike trial approx. 1,5 month ago.
Making great gains, but still have a lot to learn.

First bought the Onza Rip (2014) 20" bike, but short after bought a customized 26" Echo / Koxx street bike (which I'm customizing even more :) ).

I'm practicing every day, and also spend a lot of time reading up and watching videos. 
Aim is to play around with my bike like Danny MacAskill, Ali Clarkson, Fabio Wibmer, etc. :P

40868935_10211936835088388_3098880974931361792_n.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-04 at 13.10.52.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Szymon from Dublin here.

Completely new to trials (aside from watching vids on yt for a while) and pretty old to start (34) but I've been on two wheels for a while, mainly... motorcycling (road and track). Started a bit of trail/enduro/downhill a couple of years ago too. The problem is the local trails are far (I have no car so I have to cycle over an hour just to get to the trails), so I decided to get into street trials for evenings after work to build up some skills and simply have fun.

Just got myself a used onza zoot on ebay to start off, waiting for delivery. Can't wait!

If anyone here is from Dublin and wants to teach me how not to break bones feel free to let me know ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all, I'm Chris and totally new to trials riding. Was into bmx and mountain biking in my youth, still ride bmx these days but badly. Just treated myself to a 20" zoo off ebay to celebrate 40 years on the planet. Its due to arrive early next week and now I'm like a wee boy at Xmas. Plenty of spots round town to practice at (fall off) so I might not be any use at it but I'll be putting the hours in for sure. I'll be riding alone pretty much exclusively, my only riding friend had a knee op last year and it's not going well... come to think of it I've never seen a trials bike round here (Fife) in the flesh.

See you out there 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

New Member here!! From South Wales

Hi all, just bought my son his first trials bike at the ripe old age of Six ! He’s been asking for one so I bought him a Onza Mini Master. 

Done mountain biking all my life, dabbled in trials, many years ago! Had an Orange Zero new in about 99?? Wasn’t that great but always enjoyed it. 

Anyway Hi All 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all, was thinking for months if i should start trials again after more than a decade and decided yes! Used to ride 20" but went for the 24" Gu this time. I'm from Warrington, anyone else from this area? Looking forward to hear from you!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, definite newbie here. Done some road (speed thrills) enduro, trail and dirt jumping for quite some time but never trials. I've jumped in the deep end and am in the process of fully converting my DJ gear to trials.

Luckily I have some of the basics down but not sure about the stress it will put on my wrists.

I had an op to repair a non-union scaphoid fracture which had to have a bone graft and metal pin which limits my range of movement slightly. Anyone else have any thoughts/advice?

IMG-20181203-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20181203-WA0002.jpg

• 1 year later...

New member here, just got myself an Inspired Flow and am eager to learn,

Been riding for many years both MTB and Rd but have crossed over to the dark side,

Live in Sheffield and am sticking pretty local as currently have no car,

Hope to chat 

Screenshot_20210722-201925_Gallery.jpg