New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

thorpey

• 1 month later...

Hi my names Spencer, I live in portsmouth, signed up last year but due to a non bike related injury I didn't start riding until this year. Been frustrating myself for the last couple of months trying to learn the basics, but improvement is coming slowly due to lack of time, but really enjoying the challenge of riding. Just need to replace the old Brisa B26d that I'm riding at the mo.

hi, Tomas from Gällivare, way up north in Sweden.

works as a welder/mechanic on huge ass machines, built to crush, dig or haul ore in one of the mines around here.

did some "trialsy" riding when i was about 15-16 on a ddg shooter, smashed my kneecap trying to gap in strong wind so i've been off for about 10-11 years, until last year when i drunkenly bought a downhill bike...

found out downhill bikes aren't much fun without lift's so i bought another bike, and another, and so on...

Current bikes consist of a Inspired Skye, Fourplay, Specialized demo 8 and a demo 7, Scott FR30 and a Black market riot

got a really wonderful fiance who puts up with all my hobbies.. computers/electronics/knifes/guitars/photograhy/snowboarding/downhill etc

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wr0m/ - flickr photostream with practically everything i upload, should give a hint of what i like and do :>

cuz i'm a greasemonkey yes i am!

8044820764_1f6b42093e_o.jpg

P&H4100 at work

8044820284_590676dd7f_o.jpg

Edited by mjewl
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys my name is Dave and Im from north wales. Ive not ridden anything for about 9 years since had kids but I have very recently bitten the bug again and bought a planet x zebdi frame and kitted it out with lots of new bits, Ive changed the forks and stem btw ;)

l5oe.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It feels alright on 24's, really light and flickable, the single speed setup makes the back end super light! really pleased with it so far :)

• 3 months later...

Hello I'm Lee from Birstall near Leeds.used to own a montessa T10 orT15, can't remember which.That might give some indication of my age to some.Been watching as a guest for the past couple of years.Got a stock now and started to ride so I thought I might aswell get involved with the forum.cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

*waves*

I've been stalking for a while always intending to get a trials bike but 'normal' riding kept getting in the way. So i've got a bike, it works, I don't as of yet :)

Anyway, how hard can it be for an endurance rider who's not rode flats in 10 years to get some skills.

Yours in being prepared to fail, Greg :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all complete newbie here brought my first trials bike at weekend a onza rip few years old with basic set up including v brakes I'm 36 could say early mid life crisis been watching vids by the great Danny Mac I have no idea what I'm getting myself into but hey you don't untill you try any help and advice would be much appreciated thanks in advance

Hi all complete newbie here brought my first trials bike at weekend a onza rip few years old with basic set up including v brakes I'm 36 could say early mid life crisis been watching vids by the great Danny Mac I have no idea what I'm getting myself into but hey you don't untill you try any help and advice would be much appreciated thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, new to the forums, and relatively new to Trials, I'm Will, 17 and from Sheffield, I'm the only person I know who's even remotely interested in Trials, so it'd be nice to ride with some of you guys if anyone else is from Sheffield, would also be nice to ride with someone who knows what they're doing, so I could learn a thing or two!

I've been on the forums since around August, but I've not really used them as I've had a back injury that's put me out of action for a while. but I got the go ahead to ride the other week, so I'm back on the bike!

I also ride BMX, terribly I may add. Hops, manuals and 180's and none of it looks very clean :(

I actually originally starting riding Trials back in 2010, but 4 months after I got my bike (Orange Onza rip) it was stolen, and I've never seen it again, so I gave up as I couldn't afford another bike. I kept following the trials scene though, as best I could, but I couldn't ride. Eventually I got more and more into BMX and got a BMX for christmas, after riding that for a while I started getting back into the Trials scene, started watching all the edits I used to watch, and stuff like that. And I decided to get myself a Trials Bike and get back into it!
So here I am!

I feel like I made that longer than it needed to be... Oh well!

Cheers in advance for any help in answering my noob questions

Will

There's a fair few riders in and around Sheffield so you've no worries and there's actually a trials event on in Sheffield on 30th March, just search on Facebook for Galvanize Events and you should find it. If you come along to watch you'll meet some of the locals and a couple of guys off here.

As far as I know,

Ogre

Wilf

Muel

Duncy h

They are in Sheffield

There's dale, Carl and Craig Scott in Rotherham

There's me, barry clay, Aaron Browne, Tom whit, Carl frier, in Donny or very close to it, and a load of lads in scunny that travel down to Donny on regular occasions. There's more than you think :)

Oh sweet! That's awesome. Glad to know there's a lot of people about :)

I'm in Sheffield at the minute but within the next couple of months I think I'm moving to Donny. Although I'll be in Sheffield most of the working week for college, all my bikes will be in Donny, so may have to tag along on a ride if that's cool? Be awesome to get to know people near my new place.