New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

thorpey

Hi all, I'm kyle. I got back into trials a year or so ago, I learnt back in the late ninties after watching tricks and stunts! Got pretty good gave up at 16 though.

Now have two kids got interested again after watching danny macaskill video. Going to start teaching my son when he's a couple of years older so want to get good again for that and for my own satisfaction!

Hello to all!

My name is Roger, Taiwanese, raised in Canada, and now studying High School in an international school in China. I started riding streettrials four months back when I picked up a crappy chinese 24" bike that was up for 2000rmb, which equates to around 300 dollars. It was called something along the lines of Bionic B5R or something, not important. Nonetheless, it broke and I picked up a chinese knockoff of the inspired bikes (geometry below), called Saw, or Sawbike, or something. I enjoy riding bikes because life outside of school in China is relatively slow. Your friends live far from you, and there's lots of space. No, im not a commie.

Ridiculous wrecked first bike (Sorry, I have no other photos)

post-37191-0-71773700-1406299022_thumb.j

Current bike w/ specs

post-37191-0-60835500-1406298842_thumb.j
Wheels
- Front tyre: Maxxis Holy Roller 24 x 2.4"
- Rear tyre: Maxxis Holy Roller 24 x 2.4"
- Inner tyres: Kenda 24"
Brakes
- Front brake: Shimano XT - RT86 180mm Disc, Black
- Rear brake: Shimano XT - RT86 180mm Disc, Black
Geometry
- Wheelbase: 965mm
- Chainstay: 355mm
- BB height: +10mm
- Head angle: 74ish˚
There's no point in me listing the drivetrain, steering, and seating specs because they are literally only available on the chinese market. I haven't made any changes to the bike so far and it set me back roughly 350usd, which is pretty good for such a sturdy frame. I'm probably going to switch out the rims, and the stem for something stronger.
Tl;dr: Roger. New. Hi. China. Welcome me.

Hello All

I'm Rob, 30, from Tamworth. I'm having an early mid-life crisis and decided a trials bike was better than a convertible :D , on a more serious not I decided to get a hybrid bike for commuting last year to help me get fit, then came the road bike then the mountain bike, lately I have been getting the urge for a BMX or trials bike and the trials bike is winning. :dance:

• Like 1

Hi, i'm ash, live in Hitchin, hertfordshire area, been into trials on and off since 2003 (a lot more off to be honest) got a onza t-lite mod bike, recently got back into trials and found this forum, am very eager to improve my riding.

Hi all, I'm Matt, I live in North Lincolnshire in a small village near Barton. Last had a trials bike when I was 12, Onza t master and then a Monty x hydra. Now 14 years on I've just bought myself an Onza zoot. Been out on it for a while today and it did feel very strange but I've read this is normal. Hoping to get better with some more riding.

• 3 weeks later...

hi I am Flo . I will move to UK in the next couple of days . I have a zoo! piranha, 26" . but I can't bring it with me ,so I hope I will find a frame and some rims to buy . I will ride in Coventry. so if anybody fromethere It will be nice to have someone to ride with.