Vinyl Cut Stickers

tomturd

Does anyone here own a printer/cutter?

And does anyone know what its called when the sticker somes sandwiched between the backing paper and a piece of paper? Errr... difficult to explain, one of those stickers where all of the letters are stuck to a bit of paper. So you peel away the bit of paper away from the backing, and the letters come with it. Then you stick the letters to your car (or whatever), then you peel away the paper from the letters. Does that make sense? :/

Eventually, hopefully. Its been a plan for the past... 10 years :P the difference is now we (TF) has some money to actually spend on them so me and danny won't have to fund it ourselves, so there's a much better chance it'll actually happen now :)

• Like 1

I reckon a moded version of the current logo incorporating the sprocket would be do-able to a degree though I suppose in the end it comes down to size.

Have you looked at something along the lines of Trials-Forum.co.uk with ¾ of a sprocket going around the T at the start?

EDIT: One dodgy paint scribble later and oila

post-24247-0-79593400-1339930515_thumb.j

Edited by isitafox
  • Like 1

I reckon a moded version of the current logo incorporating the sprocket would be do-able to a degree though I suppose in the end it comes down to size.

Have you looked at something along the lines of Trials-Forum.co.uk with ¾ of a sprocket going around the T at the start?

EDIT: One dodgy paint scribble later and oila

post-24247-0-79593400-1339930515_thumb.j

Its actually surprisingly difficult to do that but make it look good, I dunno how the one up there works, trying to replicate it but update it to 2012 style just doesn't seem to work :P Not sure what it is exactly but it seems unbalanced or something.

here is a photoshopped attempt

post-2-0-97346100-1339933548.png

Have a chat with Nadine Staniforth she works at a vinyl sticker printing place and should be able to do you a good price on them :P Or do you want me to ask her?

Cool, thanks. That could come in handy. I'll get in touch with her when everything is sorted :)

some more ideas

logo square

post-2-0-28319600-1339933550.png

logo square coloured

post-2-0-38265000-1339933551.png

logo bulge

post-2-0-52381800-1339933715.png

• Like 1

If you get nadine to do them for you, she will want them in adobe illustrator in ai files as thats what the printer supports. She's doing mt BBT ones for me :)

And i like the plain square logo, nice and clean. P.S Will you be getting any printed in pink? :P

I reckon the top and bottom ones looks unbalanced as the sprocket looks like it's at an angle whereas the middle 2 look fine as it appears to be square on with the writing. Design looks good though, need the forum title to match it now!

If you get nadine to do them for you, she will want them in adobe illustrator in ai files as thats what the printer supports. She's doing mt BBT ones for me :)

And i like the plain square logo, nice and clean. P.S Will you be getting any printed in pink? :P

i think we could probably do that :) pink white and black maybe.

I reckon the top and bottom ones looks unbalanced as the sprocket looks like it's at an angle whereas the middle 2 look fine as it appears to be square on with the writing. Design looks good though, need the forum title to match it now!

i agree. I don't think we'll change the logo any time too sooooooon - you know how long things take to change around here :P

This one for me.

Same here. It has the advantage that if we ever get the trialsforum.co.uk domain back then people can peel off the dash on the sticker :P

EDIT: although it doesn't fit the forum header very well :(

• Like 1

Logo design aside, get in touch with Jonny Jones - pretty sure this is the sort of thing that he's doing now and I'm relatively confident that he'd be able/happy to help (Y)

cheers Luke, I'll get in touch with him too :)

not sure but think you can buy your own plotter for a reasonable price, its up to you to decide on profits/outlay etc

Yeah I had a quick look on ebay earlier just out of interest, they're about £250 each for a cheap one... plus vinyl, plus they're massive.. think I'll leave it to the experts with they're big expensive machines :P

I've made up a new skin with the logo on it, and removed a lot of the crap that comes with the default skin, check it out (click change theme on the bottom left, select Trials Forum 5.1) - let me know what you think!

I've made up a new skin with the logo on it, and removed a lot of the crap that comes with the default skin, check it out (click change theme on the bottom left, select Trials Forum 5.1) - let me know what you think!

I like the logo but looks like there's too much white space next to it before the advert. Also I think the blue borders are too blocky, looks good in the 5.0 one with the slight fade to it.