Stirling/ Alloa Areas

nbr-chris

Anyone from round here ride?

I've recently moved to Tullibody and started riding trials, background is DH racing but there's not a great deal to ride local in the evenings etc.

Found a good few spots round here and lots of bmx'ers but no sign of any trials riders, even on youtube.

If anyones local give us a shout, it'd be good to meet some locals and share a few spots.

Hi,

Trials wise I'l have a go at either but "ride" is maybe a bit strong at the moment.

There's some reasonable street round here but just square edge walls, planters etc. nothing too inspiring so I tend to edge more towards natural.

Natural wise there's a few nice little boulders round me and a real good bit of waste land nearby which has big rock blocks stacked by a digger from 1 foot high to around 8-10 feet and everything in-between loads of potential for gaps and some nice off camber slabs again with scope to transfer.

Not really 100% natural but certainly not square edged or consistent in terms of heights gaps etc. so it has a very natural feel.

Ridden Cambus a good bit on the DH bike and over at North Third, yet to go up with the trials bike though.

I've recently bought an Onza Pro 20" trials bike which is a bit of a change from my V10 DH bike!

I gather as expert champion you'l turn your hand to either pretty well!?

It'd be good to ride with somebody so accomplished if your ever up this way or have any good spots to share.

As I say trials is fairly new to me but riding a long time and willing to have a go.

If you have transport there is a crowd around East lothian who ride here and in Edinburgh. We have a indoor barn session most Tuesday nights from six onwards. Riders from 11 years old to expert level and everything in between. We have started going to a new area at Portobello on the east side of Edinburgh coast with lots of very grippy rocks even in the wet. New riders always welcome and the guys are always happy to help and give advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry just seen your post. The Barn is near Haddington in East lothian. The boys are there most Tuesdays around 6.30pm and some weekends if the Scottish Summer is at its best. We are at a new rock area at Portobello on the east side of Edinburgh a couple of times a week during the holidays as well. Just phone/text me on 07894 588522 and I will text you when we are going. Next Scottish champs is at Killin not far from Perth on the 26th August.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've recently moved to Linlithgow as I'm working here for the next 2 months. And I believe Stirling is close to here? I've bought my bike with me but I'm unsure of where abouts to ride... Maybe you could enlighten me on where to ride and if there's any other riders around here? Would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Jamie.