Opinions On Mod Brakeless?

Dave Sutton

The guy in that video.

Also - me.

It's the most fun you'll ever have, do it and never look back.

...Except for stealing the odd go on someone else's bike to do up-to-fronts, 'cause they're just awesome fun too.

It was really fun for me, until I broke my wirst in an idiot stack =D

And for the creator of the thread, you should try it, It's really fun

I think brakeless is only for people who have ridden trials for a while, and have at least got the superior bike balance bit nailed.

I think that's a silly thing to say.

It's not "for" anyone, and anyone who enjoys it should do it, whether they've ridden trials for a while or not.

• Like 5

I think that's a silly thing to say.

It's not "for" anyone, and anyone who enjoys it should do it, whether they've ridden trials for a while or not.

Anyone can do it, and anyone can enjoy it. But in order to be able to do it effectively from the beginning, knowing the technique to do trials with brakes first is less scary and can be adapted to be done without brakes. Therefore why I said it only for people who have ridden trials for a while, I guess it's better to rephrase that to " It's more ideal for people who have had experience in trials and have a knowledge of the technique involved in the skills".

Happy? :teehee:

If you do start it. I hope you've valued your face.

[Edit: Please] stop saying this. I've seen you mention it a few times.

It's fair enough that you might not fancy it, but I don't know of anyone who's had more numerous serious crashes due to being brakeless than having brakes.

I come off more than anyone I know, thanks to me being stupid and trying things I haven't really got much chance of making.

Of all the crashes I've had, the only ones that I've nearly hit my face were moves going to front wheel that came up short, when I had brakes.

So please stop discouraging people from trying something new out that they may yet enjoy, just because you personally think it's dodgy.

Edited by aener
  • Like 9

I think brakeless is only for people who have ridden trials for a while, and have at least got the superior bike balance bit nailed.

I started riding brakless like 3 mounths into trials and did it for a while, i will get another brakeless bike so much fun and so much new stuff to learn. :)
  • Like 1

Its CRAZY fun. I'd value my arse more than my face, thats where you'l be landing if you loop out haha.

I don't know If I was any good at it, but Its the most fun I've had on a bike. The feeling of satisfaction when landing a move you'd normally consider easy becomes monumental.

Practice makes perfect...ish. Once you've found your balance point, and can get there comfortably, you'l love it.

Make sure you run your bars angled back though. Just makes it better for everything.

[Edit: Please] stop saying this. I've seen you mention it a few times.

So please stop discouraging people from trying something new out that they may yet enjoy, just because you personally think it's dodgy.

You really do irritate me with your responses towards me. I was saying an opinion does my post say do not do it? Did i say it was dodgy? Do i need to say more?

Edited by Andeee