Tyke Trial Fun Weekend And Open Team Trial

The annual Tyke Trial fun weekend and open team trial is drawing near! This year it will take place on the weekend of 14th & 15th July 29th & 30th September at High Wood Farm, near Brimham Rocks, Yorkshire.

Open to non-members, this weekend is the highlight of the TykeTrial year. On Saturday, we have a relaxed social ride, along with a few small contests (high-jump, speed-trial, etc.), followed by the presentation of... the 2011 club trophies. A massive barbecue has been arranged for this year, followed by a bonfire and social evening for the parents and a lot more riding, football, etc. for those with more energy!

On Sunday we have the annual Ben Carlile Memorial Trial, a team fun trial which will also be counted for club championship points for members. EVERYONE IS WELCOME - BUT WE NEED YOUR ENTRY IN ADVANCE PLEASE. As the barbecue menu is very extensive, the chef needs to know by the previous Wednesday how many chops, pieces of gammon, chicken, kebabs, mini-steaks, sausages, burgers, salad etc to prepare! The entry form is now available on-line from the Events page and is also attached to this post.

Nine year old Ben Carlile left us almost four years ago, a dedicated and enthusiastic young rider. Brimham was his first, last, and favourite venue and TykeTrial will be remembering Ben, and other friends and riders who have left us, at this event each year. To remember Ben, the club will present its annual award the Ben Carlile Memorial Trophy. His dad Kevin will be coming along to present this award to the rider whose enthusiasm for the sport has done most to help and promote the club in the last year.

TykeTrial is opening its doors to friends, family and other riders, and you do NOT have to be a club member to join in the weekend.

We hope that everyone will come along, take part in the spirit of the weekend and have a really great time riding at this world-class venue!

www.biketrialuk.co.uk/events.htm

2012-TT-EntryForm-Brimham-TwoDay.pdf

Edited by TykeTrial

who wants to be in my team lol!

I'll be there! looking forward to it, might not ride much the saturday as I burnt my hand and i hurts a bit when I hold my bars!! But ill fight threw,

Because I like a good 3 hours drive can I go down the Friday set up came etc or I cud just get up at the crack of dawn and go down the Saturday.

The TykeTrial Committee are very sorry to announce that the 2 Day event at High Wood Farm, Brimham has had to be postponed.

After discussions with the landowner it seems that the land is so saturated, and with further rain forecast every day this week, that it would be impossible to get vehicles onto the land - and even harder to get them off as it turns into a mud-bath.

With heavy rain forecast we're sure that no-one wants to have a social fun day and soggy social evening and barbecue in torrential rain! It's been agreed that we will watch the forecast and land condition with a view to re-instating the event as soon as possible. We just need summer to arrive!

Those who have already entered and paid will receive a full refund immediately. Please watch the Biketrial Federation website carefully on a regular basis for information on the new dates.

We really are sorry for any disappointment, it's an event we enjoy arranging and enjoy attending ourselves and we know that a lot of riders look forward to it; unfortunately the weather has said that it's not to be this weekend :(

Edited by TykeTrial

• 2 months later...

TykeTrial's Brimham 2-day event re-arranged at last

Having just spoken to the landowner again, the TykeTrial Club has got the go-ahead for the previously postponed annual 2-day event at Brimham. The land has finally dried/drained off after being totally saturated for most of the summer.

The event will be held on Saturday / Sunday 29th and 30th September. Watch out for more information and the entry form on the website next week.

• 2 weeks later...

i would love to go but dont think i have any way off getting there if any one would like to supply a lift for me :)

where do you live dude? I can supply transport if you aren't miles away for a small fee

barbara/ben, I'm entering Thursday on payday