Tf Computer Nerds (Gamers, Overclockers, Server-Ists Etc)

Muel

https://soundcloud.com/jonathantrillo/recording-12

This noise has been coming from my 2nd PC since I built it last year. Finally got a decent mic to record it.

Any ideas what could be causing it? You hear fans, the noise in question, and ignore my dogs toenails on the floor.

It's not fan related because when the PC first gets powered up it doesn't make this noise. Also it stops sometimes, like when a program is loading, or when you click on file explorer.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

do you have an HDD?

So gtx 1080. Thoughts?

yes I am very excited about 1070! (~500 for the 1080 is abit too step for me as of now)

although I will not upgrade my pc until my GTX 770 will be slow for 1080p ( it will be in a long time ) or VR will be possible

What about Forza 6 Apex? I already have it, runs "well" on my pc ( compared to a fact it is a beta) and I cannot wait for a proper steering wheel support, trying to drive with a keyboard is pain, especially with a g29 laying around

Bought myself an xps 15 9550 and it isnt half doing my head in. Several times of day i get the dreaded bsod with error code critical error. If i leave it to shut down then i get no internet acess and have to do a recovery after it restarts but it still connects to the wifi no problem. But if i just hold down power button during the bsod its fine. I have updated all drivers and bios. I have googled and seems its quite a known error on windows 10. I had this error with an alienware laptop several year ago but updating the bios soon sorted that out.

When i do the command prompt and sfc /scannow it does find a corrupt file in windows but it cant fix it. Considering just doing a fresh install of windows to see if this helps the case or just send the thing back although when it is working its great

anyone else on windows 10 with issues?

On 5/10/2016 at 1:46 AM, JT! said:
On 5/13/2016 at 7:23 AM, JT! said:

Could anyone tell me if this and this would be compatible with no dedicated graphics card? I think it should be but a review says no.

(sorry quote system is a bit broken)

No, the X series has no GPU built in.

Look for an A series AMD processor they are the one with a graphics card

• Like 1

Yeah I did my research and turns out with the processor in that link no mobo would ever work without dedicated graphics. Got it all figured out now.

7 hours ago, weirdoku said:

That recording of the noise sounds like something is vibrating, perhaps something loose inside you case. You checked that?

It's not because what is processing on the pc at the time effects the noise. It only started getting noticeable when my security cam software started recording. When I open and close windows it can interrupted the noise for fraction of a second.

• 6 months later...

Picked up an LG 27UD58 4k monitor for just $300. Never had an ISP panel before. Can't wait for it to get here just praying to the electronic gods it doesn't have any dead pixels.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2016 at 0:30 PM, JT! said:

Picked up an LG 27UD58 4k monitor for just $300. Never had an ISP panel before. Can't wait for it to get here just praying to the electronic gods it doesn't have any dead pixels.

They're only 350 quid new :-)

1 hour ago, JT! said:

..it has 30. Prayer doesn't work.

Silly religious zealot murican! :lol:

• Like 1

Funny thing is, the pixels are so small I can only see them when I have my face right up against the screen. Literally makes no difference and normal viewing range so I'm not going to bother sending it back.

• Like 1

...and that doesn't show 4k.

It literally makes no difference, apart from knowing they're there. I cannot see any of them and a close viewing distance let alone normal viewing distance. So to pack it up and ship it out and wait for a replacement all to end up with an identical viewing experience to me is pointless.... well not pointless, but 0.0004% benefit.

On 12/3/2016 at 4:52 AM, Luke Rainbird said:

f**k that noise. At the very least get in touch with them and see if they're willing to help with either a replacement or partial refund.

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Please be advised we can offer you a discount of $35. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

• Like 1