Tf Computer Nerds (Gamers, Overclockers, Server-Ists Etc)

Muel

You're a bit strange... :P

I might be :$

I use a 50 GB partition on my HDD now, an I usualy ave 10 GB left, win7 64 and I install everything to other partitions

I am not looking for an uberfast storage, I am just looking for a quick SSD for booting only :ermm:

Get 3. 3 monitors is at least 50 times better than dual monitors. (Especially for gaming). Oh and get 28" ones, because they're massive and awesome.

Seems like a good time to post this here, again. :P

20120926_152356.jpg

Updated some stuff now though. Netbook is gone, (bought a laptop, then sold it, then got given another), and I'm now running Mint Linux on my desktop instead of shitty W7.

Edited by Muel
  • Like 2

Nothing impressive... It's a Bitfenix Shinobi XL case with an AMD 965BE, 8GB ram, some old motherboard, an ATI 5830 and a 128gb Crucial M4 SSD.

I've had rather big upgrade plans for a long time, which involve replacing everything apart from the case and SSD, but I've got better things to spend money on.

It's not fast by todays standards at all but it's quick enough for most things. Starting to limit what I can do with it though. I'm considering building a big b*****d server though and running a load of my stuff on there, but I'm not sure yet.

I don't understand why people use more than one monitor for gaming ?? How does it look good having big lines between the picture :P

You don't see the lines. It's the same as using 1 monitor only your peripheral vision is greatly improved. You can see baddies pop up whereas normally you'd never see them.

I was very sceptical at first and only really got 3 monitors for coding and stuff, but once I tried it out for gaming as well I was totally sold.

Whatever you get George, get them matching. Even similar size but different models can be hard to calibrate the picture on. They need to be as close as possible image wise so your eyes don't have to adjust to each one each time.

You don't see the lines. It's the same as using 1 monitor only your peripheral vision is greatly improved. You can see baddies pop up whereas normally you'd never see them.

I was very sceptical at first and only really got 3 monitors for coding and stuff, but once I tried it out for gaming as well I was totally sold.

Whatever you get George, get them matching. Even similar size but different models can be hard to calibrate the picture on. They need to be as close as possible image wise so your eyes don't have to adjust to each one each time.

Was going to get a cheaper one off novatech but now you've said that I'll probably get another samsung that's similiar but without the HDMI (cheaper)

Wasn't going to run them simultaneously for gaming, just so I can still use my pc while on my xbox and have dual monitors for web browsing/song playing.

Hmmm depends what you're doing, but in my experience even if they're from different batches the picture can be slightly different, which makes it hard to focus.

I don't game as much on mine these days, I only really develop codey things, but that means a lot of switching back and forth between monitors so maybe I'm more sensitive than most.

Hmmm depends what you're doing, but in my experience even if they're from different batches the picture can be slightly different, which makes it hard to focus.

I don't game as much on mine these days, I only really develop codey things, but that means a lot of switching back and forth between monitors so maybe I'm more sensitive than most.

I suppose, I dunno I'll see, may just get the cheaper one and play with the settings till I get them the same. :)

I have a really nice BenQ 27" monitor, then the cheapest 19.5" monitor money could buy. 27" as a main monitor then the 19.5" one is off to the side for facebook / twitter / TF computer nerds topic. Two monitors of the same sise for me would be pointless.

But having two different sized monitors (or the same size but different brands) does have it's problems. For me, the screens don't line up physically, the bottoms are an inch or so off. Also on the screen resolution window when you position the virtual screens, the windows can't be moved in tiny increments so moving a window across the two screens makes it offset by a cm or so. It's not bad enough to notice the mouse position change going across the screen, but it's noticeable with something across both screens.

I ran a similar setup for several years, drove me crazy.

It's a subjective thing, entirely depends on how much of an anal b*****d you are. I'm incredibly anal so it annoys me that I can't get the picture on my right hand monitor to be identical to the other 2. :P (It's whites are whiter than the other 2 as it's about a year younger).

I ran a similar setup for several years, drove me crazy.

It's a subjective thing, entirely depends on how much of an anal b*****d you are. I'm incredibly anal so it annoys me that I can't get the picture on my right hand monitor to be identical to the other 2. :P (It's whites are whiter than the other 2 as it's about a year younger).

You should see what I did when I was putting my new desk chair together. You won't be able to sleep at night knowing what I did.

• Like 1

You should see what I did when I was putting my new desk chair together. You won't be able to sleep at night knowing what I did.

Meh chairs are chairs. Mine has holes in it. :D

I added steel brackets to mine to hold my joystick :D

When I need to use the joystick it plugs into a socket on the front of the chair so it sits properly between your legs, when I'm not using it, it plugs into a hole I cut into the desk specifically for it. Well if you have and almost 300 quid joystick you want it to be comfortable when using it!