Jaf Bikes- New parts added (20/02)

Rob Leech

How much are the 26" to 24" adapters?

will these be available with a V-brake mount?

holding back on deciding what forks to run on a compy 24 build and want to ideally run the 26" tnn forks with a V-brake up-front

none of the other 24" forks available appeal to me whatsoever, so some sort of converter would be awesome

sorry for quoting my own question but i was just bumping the topic to help mr. leech see our questions :ninja:

if they aren't going to be available with a v-brake option then im pretty much stuck on building a decent 24 all because of the lackluster choice of forks available :ermm:

might have to end up building a stock

Buy some jaf forks when they're released!

this could be a really good idea, although i was looking to put in a massive order from tarty either tomorrow or thursday so i can build the bike up for the weekend!

for the forks it looks like i will just end up getting something along these lines for a couple months.... these one's > http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/24_inch_forks/because_curved_blade/c539p11179.html

hopefully there will be some more forks, or converters to choose from soon for 24" riders! there is a much wider range of forks to choose from if i was to just run a hs33 or disc... but after trying all sorts of brakes on all kinds of different bikes, it eventually became clear to me that vees are pure win if you are building a tgs bike with dual rim brakes!

i look forward to hearing a bit more about these jaf forks (Y)

If it's any use I've got some 24" vee Pashleys you're welcome to borrow as an interim :)

luke your a hero for that offer mate :cheers: honestly thats proper kind of you!, but luckily i've got 2 pairs of 24" vee onza zoot forks that i can fall back on if i decide that those alloy forks in the link i posted in my previous post feel a bit too weak and flexy!

zoot forks are a little on the heavy side though at 1.38 kg but they will do the job if it comes to it.

maximum appreciation being sent your way though dude! (Y)

will these be available with a V-brake mount?

holding back on deciding what forks to run on a compy 24 build and want to ideally run the 26" tnn forks with a V-brake up-front

none of the other 24" forks available appeal to me whatsoever, so some sort of converter would be awesome

I haven't considered making them with a vee-mount yet, but I'll look into it (although master rainbird sounds like he's being his gratiously kind and helpful self as always :P).

When will it be possible to buy these converters?

They're still in the testing phase atm, so just finding any little niggles and getting them resolved, but it shouldn't be long.

How much are the 26" to 24" adapters?

They'll be £25 a pair once they're ready (Have been able to reduce the production costs from the first price basis on facebook (Y) ) :).

Cheers all,

Josh.

Hi All,

so, some good news today, the first order of parts was sent out yesterday and are now available through Tartybikes!

So far, the cams and boosters are in, but the bash's will be up very soon.

Check it out here - http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/search.php?keywords=jaf

Thanks for reading,

Josh Leech,

Jaf Bikes.

• Like 3

Looks good josh, will the fork inserts be on there soon?

I wasn't planning on sending them out (I take it you mean the threaded nut?) as I make them to order, so I'll put them up on the Jaf site tomorrow, but they may well end up with tartys, not sure yet :).

Cheers chap,

Josh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The only thing I dont like about that frame is the hs mounts.

If it were mine I'd like the welds to continue round at the base of the mounts and the top, instead of having that undercut with no weld.

I'm nit picking really though, its a stunning thing.

The only thing I dont like about that frame is the hs mounts.

If it were mine I'd like the welds to continue round at the base of the mounts and the top, instead of having that undercut with no weld.

I'm nit picking really though, its a stunning thing.

Loot at Trialtech forks. It's actually longer lasting welded that way than the way you say.

• 2 weeks later...

Have Jaf thought about making disc protectors? I've almost completely dropped doing side hops because of bending too many hangers and not wanting to risk bending discs. The only one i could find was this http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/disc_brake_spares/chorrillas_disc_protector/c110p11552.html but it's only available for a rear 160mm rotor.
If Jaf made duel 180mm protectors they would be next on my to buy list.

Did anything develop with the burns/ffw adaptor setup? :)

I'm hoping to have a coiple done for Radfest Sd, but I'm having some screw cutting issues with the lathe atm. Will hopefully be sorted next week though :).

Have Jaf thought about making disc protectors? I've almost completely dropped doing side hops because of bending too many hangers and not wanting to risk bending discs. The only one i could find was this http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/disc_brake_spares/chorrillas_disc_protector/c110p11552.html but it's only available for a rear 160mm rotor.

If Jaf made duel 180mm protectors they would be next on my to buy list.

I sorted a one off not long ago, but to be honest, I didn't know that they were only available for 160's :P. so they'll be coming soon :)

• Like 1

I'm hoping to have a coiple done for Radfest Sd, but I'm having some screw cutting issues with the lathe atm. Will hopefully be sorted next week though :).

Have you figured a way to mount it onto unmolested arms? If so that's awesome! Not gonna be able to make radfest but will certainly be looking at it in the future!

I fancy putting my HD king on the back of my mountain bike for extra pimpness :D