`05 Hs33 Sticky Lever

Paco_Perwin

Hi,

I've been running front and rear water-bled '05 Hs33s quite a long time now, but two weeks ago the front lever started giving me problems. The thing is that it feels really sticky, the lever returns very very slowly and feels weird. I've bled the brake twice but again, and even though it brakes very well, the same problem remains. I believe the whole thing comes from the lever piston, which is indeed the part that returns really slowly.

Also, I don't think it's because of the water, since the rear lever has been water-bled for two years with no problems at all.

Could it be the spring? Or any over-sized seal? Pissing me off and don't know what to do.

Water swells the nylon master piston (the lever one) and thats giving the slow return as the piston is now too big for the cylinder.

Remove the piston, along with both the black O-ring seal (one that seals the fluid in brake) and the yellowy coloured lip seal (this one keeps the crap out). Then get some fine wet and dry paper and sand the piston ever so slightly so it's a better fit in the bore. Don't go mad or you'll induce leaking :)

Sorted !

• Like 1

Water swells the nylon master piston (the lever one) and thats giving the slow return as the piston is now too big for the cylinder.

Remove the piston, along with both the black O-ring seal (one that seals the fluid in brake) and the yellowy coloured lip seal (this one keeps the crap out). Then get some fine wet and dry paper and sand the piston ever so slightly so it's a better fit in the bore. Don't go mad or you'll induce leaking :)

Sorted !

Thank you very very much! Really annoying and had the exact same problem with an older lever too. ;)

*Edit: Just did what you said, works amazing, like the first day! Thanks again.

Edited by Paco_Perwin